Details: Salary dependent on level of experience during college and after, if appropriate
1720 N Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Compass is a nonprofit that inspires business professionals to engage with their local nonprofits to transform communities. Compass volunteer teams strengthen nonprofits in Greater Washington, Philadelphia and Chicago. Compass operates like a management consulting firm, engaging business professionals on consulting projects for local nonprofits. Compass recruits professionals from top tier consulting firms, law firms and corporations, as well as the MBA alumni clubs of the top business schools. In 2017-18, Compass recruited 500 business professionals to work with 75 nonprofits across the three cities. In addition, Compass offers a program called On Board that places business people onto the boards of local nonprofits, and then trains the participants.
Compass is seeking an Assistant Program Manager to work as part of a team that supports Compass’ consulting program in Philadelphia and Chicago, as well as Compass’ communications efforts organization-wide. This entry-level position will also provide occasional support to the Director of On Board and Compass’ Development Director.
The person in this position will gain knowledge of consulting and the business community, as well as learn about the nonprofit sector. In a small office, everyone pitches in. The person in this position will be exposed to all aspects of a growing organization, and has the opportunity to do more than this job outlines. This is the perfect job for a recent college graduate.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Located in the Washington, DC office, this position mainly supports the Compass Executive Directors in Philadelphia and Chicago. The position requires a mix of communications skills combined with analytical support and data management. Candidates should be interested in business and nonprofits, and how the two intersect. Tasks will include the following:
· Manage all processes related to recruiting and supporting business professionals and nonprofit clients, such as tracking applications and materials, maintaining contact lists, coordinating communications, and more
· Interact with volunteers and clients to answer questions, and follow-up on activities
· Provide support for trainings and other program events
· Update online knowledge management database
· Assist with creation and analysis of client and volunteer surveys
· Represent Compass at volunteer fairs and other events as needed
· Manage social media efforts and external communications, including maintaining Compass’ presence on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
· Update the Compass website
· Manage Compass’ quarterly newsletter
· Assist Development Director with direct mail preparation and acknowledgment letters
· Ensure volunteer and client information is updated in Salesforce database
· Maintain email list in Constant Contact
· Assist with office administrative tasks as needed
Bachelor’s Degree required. The ideal candidate will be a 2016, 2017 or 2018 college graduate. He or she will have an interest in consulting, as well as the nonprofit sector. Interest in the use of technology and data management in operations a plus. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The best candidates must have strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to represent Compass among the business and nonprofit communities. The Assistant Program Manager position is only appropriate for recent college graduates. Other qualifications include:
· An energetic and enthusiastic person who has the capacity to manage multiple, ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to exercise good judgment, and quickly identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to anticipate organizational needs
· Ability to work independently, but also collaborate in a small team
· High proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word
· Tech savvy, with an ability to work in a Mac environment
· Experience with mail merges in Word, or willingness to learn
· Must be flexible, willing to wear multiple hats, and able to manage up especially with regard to communicating with senior managers
· Available to attend occasional evening events, and to travel to Philadelphia and Chicago occasionally
· Experience with Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey and/or Salesforce, a plus
· Creativity a plus, humor and flexibility required
Compass offers health insurance, disability insurance, 12 annual holidays, as well as vacation, sick and personal days.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidate must be completely comfortable with spoken and written English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Suzanne Laporte at email@example.com with Subject Line “Assistant Program Manager.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and a decision could be made before the application deadline.