647 Fulton Street
Program: Performing Arts
Supervisor: VP of Performing Arts
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. Learn more at BRICartsmedia.org.
BRIC’s performing arts programs present music, dance, theater and multidisciplinary performance to broad audiences from Brooklyn and throughout New York City, and support the development of new work. Signature programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, which presents 25 or more free performances each summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell, BRIClab, a commissioning and residency program; and BRIC JazzFest, an annual week-long jazz marathon throughout BRIC House
Purpose of Position: Reporting to the VP of Performing Arts, the position provides administrative and operational support for the performing arts department and its presentation of annual spring, summer and fall residency and performance seasons at BRIC House and at the Prospect Park Bandshell. Responsibilities include:
Finance & Ticketing:
- Prepare expense and income vouchers for the department and reconcile credit card statements and other financial records.
- Prepare cash bank deposits and track gate contributions (seasonal.)
- Manage all functions in TicketFly software platform including show builds, presales, onsale, ongoing reporting, and account support with TicketFly rep.
· Prep and manage day-of-show Box Office operations including cash and credit sales, Will Call and guest list tickets, scanner prep, staffing, customer troubleshooting and training others for same.
· Prepare ticket sales reports, draft settlement reports, review with Finance Dept., settle with artists and/or promoters.
Spearhead (with Perf Arts team and HR) hiring of hourly and seasonal Front of House, Box Office and Security staff including:
- Recruit, interview, hire, train (or assist in same) and prepare HR forms for dozens of seasonal/hourly positions and coordinate Fire Guard prep for same.
- Create shift schedules, prepare, collect and code timesheets and track actuals within budget parameters.
- Solve payroll issues with Finance and communicate updates to hourly employees.
- Bid, contract, invoice and track payments to/from vendors and concessionaires; including food, beverage, merchandise, bike valet, portable toilets, ATMs, etc.
- Secure all permits with agencies having jurisdiction and/or oversight of the Bandshell including Parks, Police, Buildings, Fire, and Health Departments.
- Assist Producers, Front of House Manager and Artist Services Coordinator with venue operations; and collect notes from key staff to prepare Show Reports.
- Schedule and take minutes for meetings; and provide other support for the VP.
- Work on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2-3 years’ experience in bookkeeping, ticketing and/or operations including:
- Demonstrated experience with financial reconciliations and excellent PC-based computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to error-free detail.
- Some experience with ticketing, staffing and operations.
- Excellent ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a busy presenting environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
Salary & Benefits
$42,000 annual salary. Full-time position with full benefits package.
Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week. Occasional weekend work Sept-May. Must be available to work all summer performances (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights) with a Tuesday – Saturday schedule in June, July, and August. 30 concerts.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Admin & Operations Coordinator. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer
Full-time position with full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required