58 Day Street
The AmeriCorps Financial Grants Manager is a full time position, reporting to the Associate Director of AmeriCorps Finance, and works collaboratively with other AmeriCorps Financial Grants Manager/s, as well as other departments within YouthBuild USA to support AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees. This position oversees a portfolio of up to 35 YouthBuild AmeriCorps programs and is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal financial requirements. To accomplish this, the Financial Grants Manager provides analysis, training, written and verbal feedback, produces monthly reports, implements strategies for improvement and works collaboratively with the AmeriCorps team to support all YouthBuild AmeriCorps subgrantees.
This position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations: children 17 years of age or younger, persons age 60 and older, or people with disabilities. A portion of this work influences the direction, management and scope of the AmeriCorps grant.
- Manages the financial relationship with the YouthBuild affiliates that are AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees:
- Provides technical assistance to a portfolio of up to 35 AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees so as to improve their overall financial management at local YouthBuild programs.
- Reviews and approves portfolio of program’s YouthBuild AmeriCorps operating budgets.
- Reviews and approves portfolio of program’s monthly financial reimbursement requests.
- Creates and maintains systems to gather and track financial reports and data from each subgrantee.
- Provides e-mail and telephone technical assistance to portfolio of programs related to AmeriCorps reimbursement requests and procedures.
- Assists Associate Director in ensuring compliance and timely reporting to the Corporation for National and Community Service on a monthly, bi-monthly and/or semi-annual basis.
- Works in collaboration with other Financial Grants Manager/s to build and maintain procedures and systems that facilitate financial record keeping for the AmeriCorps National Direct Program grant and to create comprehensive training tools designed to improve financial systems at YouthBuild AmeriCorps subgrantee programs.
- Acts as an expert on federal financial guidelines to the AmeriCorps team.
- Establishes and manages relationships within the larger AmeriCorps team and with other departments within YouthBuild USA that work with AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees:
- Partners with the AmeriCorps Program team to ensure that consistent technical assistance is provided to all AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees. Participates in bi-monthly technical assistance phone calls when needed.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of YouthBuild USA AmeriCorps conferences – AmeriCorps Management Conference and other conferences.
- Trains local YouthBuild program staff by delivering financial related presentations and workshops at conferences or through other outlets.
- Travels to YouthBuild programs, multi-site gatherings, conferences, and professional development opportunities.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of YouthBuild USA wide activities as requested, including participation in a collaborative team of grant managers across YouthBuild USA to improve overall consistency and strength of fiscal technical assistance offered to YouthBuild programs.
- Manages the financial component of the AmeriCorps national Direct Program:
- Establishes and manages relationships within the larger AmeriCorps team and with other departments in YouthBuild USA that work with AmeriCorps National Direct subgrantees:
- At least two to four years of experience in financial or grants management in organizations that have a network of programs/affiliates or comparable experience, preferably with federal funders.
- At least two years in an accounting-related function, including experience reading and deciphering general ledgers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in financial grants management and/or multi-site program implementation.
- Exercises superior judgement and is a results-driven team player.
- A record of accomplishment working in diverse, entrepreneurial work environments.
- A demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, tactically, and creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An extreme orientation towards detail.
- A track record of successfully communicating detailed information to others.
- Ability and comfort with simultaneously managing multiple projects having different foci and deadlines.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to be flexible to changing needs and priorities.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Excel.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. Please apply by March 16th, 2018. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.