The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a Research Associate I for Build Healthy Places Network (BHPN). This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
BHPN is seeking an experienced, personable, and entrepreneurial researcher for the role of Research Associate I. BHPN’s mission is to catalyze and support collaboration across the health and community development sectors, together working to improve low-income communities and the lives of people living in them. To learn more about
BHPN visit www.buildhealthyplaces.org
This is a full-time position currently funded for 1 year, with the intention to continue on as a permanent position. The Research Associate I should expect to play an important role in supporting BHPN's long-term business development, fundraising, and sustainability activities.
As a Research Associate, you will:
- Conduct ongoing environmental scan of community development-healthcare investment models and partnerships building on the Network’s ongoing research
- Support collection of primary data, synthesizing information, and writing up findings in a report form for grant-funded research projects such as the Network’s health, wealth, and asset building project.
- Provide general research, writing, and administrative support on key Network publications on community development-healthcare partnerships including book chapters, journal articles, reports, and/or blogs
- Participate in calls and meetings with external research partners
- Support business development activities, including grant proposals, scopes of work, and concept notes
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in health policy, healthcare administration, public policy or related fields
- 2 years of research experience preferably in a healthcare setting
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, particularly research report and blog-style writing
- Strong familiarity and experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Familiarity with web research techniques and research databases including Google Scholar, EBSCO and other similar databases
- Intermediate proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) is highly desired
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
If chosen for this role, you will:
- Work with a close knit team of seasoned professionals
- Contribute to cutting edge scientific research and a synthesis project
- Network with national leaders within the health, wealth and asset-building industries
This is a non-exempt position and the pay rate is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page here.
How to apply:
To apply for this position click here.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
For questions regarding this position, email us at email@example.com
Minimum Education Required