158 Main Street
Do you have a passion for the arts? Our mission is to bring art of all mediums to people of all ages–and to foster creativity in all forms. If you believe in that mission and would like a chance to work hard with a small but dedicated team, we hope you will apply!
Guild Hall of East Hampton Inc.
Job Description – Accountant
The Accountant is a full-time position reporting to the Deputy Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Verify, validate and post cash receipts. Record revenue and receivables, working closely with the Assistant to the Deputy Director and Development Team. Reconcile revenue and receivables between Financial Edge(FE) and Raisers Edge(RE). Reconcile FE box office income with Ovation ticketing software.
· Prepare accruals, prepaid expense and deferred revenue journal entries and reconcile accounts.
· Perform balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations quarterly.
· Prepare all journal entries.
· Coordinate quarterly and annual close.
· Maintain fixed asset module in FE, calculate and record depreciation, maintain Capital Improvement records for the institution.
· Handle payroll and payroll tax reporting, serve as primary operational contact with ADP, administer ADP software, and design and issue needed payroll reports. Prepare hiring and salary change approvals as well as all government forms required for payroll and employee onboarding. Maintain payroll files.
· Provision of financial information and data for grant applications and grant final reports as requested by Development; completion of all forms required of Finance department related to grants.
· Follows GAAP and the internal controls procedures, identifying any issues that require attention, communicates same to Deputy Director.
· Prepare checks, based on guidance from Deputy Director regarding payment priority.
· Perform bank statement reconciliations on all accounts other than the main operating account, which is handled by a volunteer. Oversee and facilitate the work of the bank statement reconciliation volunteer on the main operating account. Communicate discrepancies or problems to Deputy Director, review reconciliations monthly.
· Coordinate annual Flexible Spending Account enrollment.
· Handle NYS sales tax reporting.
· Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors and filing with IRS, working closely with Assistant to the Deputy Director.
· Assist Shop Manager with year-end Shop inventory and process quarterly and annual inventory and cost of goods sold entries as required.
· Handle workers compensation audit.
· Prepare items for the audit and tax return as required and coordinate the daily work of the auditors while on site.
· Complete training in Financial Edge as assigned.
· Develop solid expertise in the Visual Chart Organizer and Query process in Financial Edge with the goal of developing and maintaining reports and querying the database to improve work processes within the department.
· Assist Deputy Director and staff with budgeting and forecasting as requested.
· Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive information and issues.
· Other duties, research and special projects as assigned.
· 100% employer paid health insurance. Eligible after three months of employment. Employee may opt for spouse or family coverage at the employee’s expense.
· Flexible Spending Account plan, eligible after three months of employment.
· 22 days PTO during first year of hire
· Twelve paid holidays annually
· 403(b) plan with Mutual of America: immediate eligibility for employee contributions; eligible for employer contribution after two years of continuous employment.
· New York State Statutory Disability immediately upon hire and additional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability eligible after three months of employment.
· Life and AD&D Insurance 1x Salary to $50,000 eligible after three months of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send both cover letter and resume indicating your interest in the position.