1200 18th Street NW, Suite 700
The National LGBT Bar Association and Foundation (LGBT Bar) is a national organization of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists, allies and affiliated lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender legal organizations. The LGBT Bar promotes justice in and through the legal profession for the LGBTQ + community in all its diversity. The Foundation arm of the LGBT Bar focuses on the organization’s programmatic and philanthropic activities.
The Development Associate will support the Development Team in execution of various fundraising core strategies and maintain development operations. This position is under the supervision of the Director of Development.
Current Core Fundraising Strategies:
• The LGBT Bar’s Annual “Lavender Law®” Conference and Career Fair
• Out and Proud Corporate Counsel award receptions
• Individual Giving Program
• Foundation fundraising
• Smaller seasonal cultivation events
• Development Associate will also help to implement and improve a donor stewardship program aimed at fostering deeper ties with donors.
Development Operations, Team Membership and Other Development Functions:
• Help improve strategies to solicit new donors and fundraising volunteers through email, website, mailings, phone calls, events and face-to-face meetings;
• Assist in planning and coordinating appeals to membership and sponsors;
• Maintain donor database and track all communications;
• Collaborate on monthly annual reports
• Stay on top of advancements and changes that are pertinent to raising money within the nonprofit community.
Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of development best practices;
• Experience in major gifts, online fundraising campaigns, annual funds, corporate and foundation giving, direct mail, planned giving, and;
• Track record as an effective communicator adept at crafting proposals, donor correspondence, and other kinds of materials;
• A genuine interest in the LGBT Bar’s mission and assisting the LGBTQ+ community;
• Demonstrated experience working in a hands-on environment with limited resources as well as thriving in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment;
• We seek a “roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed” kind of teamplayer.
• One - two years experience in a similar role in a $1 - $3M/year nonprofit or for-profit business dealing with individuals, foundations and/or corporations.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The LGBT Bar offers an excellent benefits package, including full health, dental and vision coverage for all employees and immediate family members,, short and long-term disability and employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan.
• The LGBT Bar is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, medication, status as a veteran, tobacco use, or other classification protected by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
• Email your resumé with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.
• All applications are reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. It is therefore recommended that you submit your materials as promptly as possible.
• No telephone calls please.
• The Bar is proud to celebrate diversity. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or intersex are particularly urged to apply.