Details: Commensurate with experience.
6260 Frankford Ave
Civic Works is immediately hiring a Field Organizer to mobilize homeowners to go solar and upgrade the energy efficiency of their homes, while creating green jobs for underserved residents. The Field Organizer will build partnerships with community organizations in order to educate their members about the benefits of investing in solar and energy efficiency improvements. The Field Organizer will also directly engage homeowner through meeting presentations, outreach at community events, and other activities.
The ideal candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a heavy workload without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to combat climate change and bring about real economic benefits for those who need them the most.
Retrofit Baltimore, a program of the non-profit Civic Works, makes it easy and affordable for Baltimore area residents to make home energy efficiency upgrades and/or rooftop solar installations. The program uses grassroots, community organizing tactics to motivate homeowners to purchase home energy improvements, which reduce energy bills and improve the comfort and safety of the home.
Retrofit Baltimore then connects these homeowners with private businesses that have committed to implement equitable employment standards and hire Baltimore residents from historically marginalized communities — residents who are trained through Civic Works’ comprehensive energy efficiency and solar installation training programs.
Civic Works’ green initiatives have been highlighted by Green for All, The Baltimore Sun, The Washington Post, the US Conference of Mayors, and the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission. Join us in creating a more just and equitable clean energy economy. For more information on Retrofit Baltimore, please explore this website.
- Build partnerships with community organizations and leaders, enlisting their support in community energy efficiency and solar upgrade efforts
- Organize presentations for neighborhood groups, civic associations, and workplaces
- Engage homeowners through outreach at community events, presentations, and phone calls
- Develop clear and compelling content for newsletters, mass emails, blog posts and social media in order to generate interest in the program
- Develop and implement community-specific, metrics-driven field plans
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all engagement activities and work toward continuous improvement
- Educate homeowners about the benefits and process of going solar and making energy efficiency improvements
- Consistently follow up with homeowners to help them make decisions on whether to invest in solar and energy efficiency improvements
- Regularly enter homeowner data into the Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce
- Previous community organizing, campaign, sales or lead generation experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, and writing skills
- Phenomenal relationship building skills, ability to personally connect with and engage with diverse groups of stakeholders and homeowners
- Ability to explain technical information in an easy-to-understand way
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional personal responsibility for meeting goals and a track record of success
- Ability to recognize problems, develop innovative solutions and implement them
- Willingness to regularly work long and irregular hours, including evenings and portions of weekends
- Enthusiasm for energy efficiency and social justice
- Regular access to a car within 90 days of start date
- Familiarity with Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Harford County, or Anne Arundel County is a plus
Healthcare and retirement benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Evie Schwartz, Associate Director of Outreach and Production, at email@example.com and include “Field Organizer” in the subject line. Applicants will be hired on a rolling basis.
Civic Works is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Civic Works also encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni to apply for this position.
Civic Works is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Civic Works also encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni to apply for this position. Civic Works works to ensure that the commitment to advancing equity is reflected in our workplace practices, program design, and outcomes evaluation.