160 Schermerhorn Street
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives, invites applications for the following position at the Schermerhorn, a permanent supportive housing residence in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. The Schermerhorn houses 116 tenants many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, chronic health conditions, trauma and/or HIV/AIDS. We work with partner agencies including the Actor’s Fund and Breaking Ground to provide a supportive residence where individuals can achieve housing stability and begin to work on personal goals.
Responsibilities: Work in tandem with scheduled per diem case manager to provide a wide range of clinical services to tenants, including but not limited to: Wellness outreach to tenants; supportive counseling; facilitating organized activities; crisis intervention; risk assessments; assistance with self administration of medications; community escorts; coordination with hospitals/collateral providers. You will document all client interactions in progress notes and a weekend program log in order to keep full time staff informed of tenant updates.
The per diem social worker will supervise the Friday evening and Saturday program, looping in on-call staff as needed for consultation and report directly to the Assistant Program Director.
• LMSW or LCSW
• Related experience working in housing and/ or with special populations including individuals with mental illness, substance abuse disorders or history of homelessness.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
• Must have weekend availability at a minimum of two weekends, monthly.
Schedule: Friday evenings 4:30pm – 9pm & Saturday 10am – 4pm. Alternate weekends (2 weekends per month.
Friday arrival time can be negotiated for otherwise strong candidates.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind