The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the intake, application and lease signing process for all prospective participants. The Admissions Coordinator also provides administrative support to the Family Self-Sufficiency team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists applicants in navigating the admissions process by:
- Reviewing and processing application packets
- Facilitating monthly information sessions
- Collecting verification documentation and scheduling interviews
- Managing the applicant waitlist
- Communicating with applicants in a professional and courteous manner via email, phone and in-person
- Maintain admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies and procedures.
- Build partnerships and provide outreach with local shelters, transitional housing programs and other social service organizations.
- Utilize ClientTrack database to capture prospective participant’s information and progress.
- Create and maintain a resource guide of agencies for housing and social services referrals.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support such as filing, faxing and copying.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Manage invoicing process by creating invoices, submitting to finance and tracking payment.
- Organize office operations and procedures, and maintain reception and common areas.
- Prepare correspondence and documents, schedule appointments, and coordinate meetings.
- Other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical positions.
- Strong customer services skills and professional presentation.
- Knowledge and competence of computers, Microsoft office and database experience.
- Attention to detail and able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – writing, speaking, presentation
- Valid driver’s license, registered vehicle available for use at work and auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and some weekends
- Comfortable working in West Philadelphia
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance (Company Paid)
- 403B (Company Paid)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long term disability (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required