- Establish and maintain professional relationship with clients in the catchment area.
- Meet clients "where they are at" both geographically (e.g. on a park-bench,in a train station, on the street, etc.) and personally (e.g., intoxicated or sober).
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with other service providers, local businesses, and concerned citizens in at least the catchment area.
- Thorough awareness of substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, and homeless resources(e.g., shelter and housing services, drop-in center, clinics, detox and other health care programs, prevention programs, etc.).
- Connect clients with desired programs through direct referrals (e.g., calling a detox, confirming a bed, and transporting clients to the detox) and indirect referrals (e.g., pass along information about particular programs).
- Brief substance abuse counseling and all necessary case management activities.
- Competing all required paperwork (e.g., daily logs, intakeforms0, HMIS data entry, reporting, and PEMS.
- Proper care of CASPAR property(e.g., vehicles, computers, phones).
- Other outreach and prevention programs duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- High school Diploma or equivalent certification.
- Minimum two years of direct care experience with a homeless, Mentally ill, and/or actively addicted population.
- Understanding of addiction and mental illness.
- Minimum of two years of continuous sobriety if recovering.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Minimum Education Required