92 Hayden Ave
Education Team Manager
The Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation (the “Institute”) is looking to hire an experienced manager for its education research program. This individual will serve as the primary staff and project manager for the research team, will spearhead its growth and development efforts, and will assist, in close partnership with senior researchers and the Institute’s leadership team, in shaping the Institute’s education research strategy.
The Institute is a nimble organization dedicated to improving the world through Disruptive Innovation. The Education Team Manager will be flexible, creative, organized, and dedicated to ensuring that the education team has sufficient resources and efficient processes in order to successfully execute and amplify its research. The Institute’s education team is geographically distributed, so this person will ideally have experience working in virtual teams.
- People management
- Serve as a lead manager overseeing a team of 6-10 education researchers
- Help lead annual strategic goal-setting across the education team
- Interface with the Institute’s external relations team to ensure timely and successful publication and ongoing promotion of research
- Oversee performance and professional development processes for education team researchers and associates
- Development management
- Interface with internal research, development, operations, and leadership staff and external funders to identify and pursue potential funding opportunities to support the education team research.
- Act as a project manager and liaison with current funded research projects and ensure the timely completion of all project deliverables.
- Strategy management
- Co-create research strategy with research team.
- Interface with internal leadership team to align education and broader strategic goals of the organization.
- 10 plus years of management experience.
- Experience in managing research projects strongly preferred.
- Deep interest in, and at least 5 years of experience in, either K-12 or higher education reform.
- Demonstrated curiosity in the history and future trends of K-12 and higher education education.
- Master’s Degree in business, education, law, policy or economics a plus
- Understanding of Clayton Christensen’s theories of disruptive innovation taught at Harvard Business School a plus
About the Organization
The Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation (the “Institute”) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank dedicated to improving the world through Disruptive Innovation. Founded on the theories of Harvard professor Clayton Christensen, the Institute offers a unique framework for understanding many of society’s most pressing issues around education, healthcare, and economic prosperity. The Institute works to influence the way policymakers, community leaders, and innovators address these problems by distilling and promoting the transformative power of Disruptive Innovation.
Position Type: Full-time
Start date: September 2018
Location: Boston Area preferred. Possible flexibility.
To Apply: To apply, email your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required