198 East 121st Street
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Social Worker position at the Uptown and Scattered Site program. The program provides off-site evidence based , person centered and harm reduction services primarily to special needs individuals and families with histories of homelessness, mental illness and/or substance abuse. Additionally, the Uptown Program house homeless NY/NY approved individuals and families who have a housing subsidy such as HUD-VASH for Veterans or LINC IV for individuals residing in DHS shelters. The individuals, families and veterans are located in six-buildings within the Harlem/Washington Heights community as well as Scattered Site apartments throughout Harlem/Washington Heights and the Bronx. Responsibilities: The Case Manager is a senior paraprofessional who provides a range of case management and clinical services to help clients live full and satisfying lives in the community.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience, or BSW and 1 year relevant experience, or HS Diploma and 6 years relevant experience (for Case manager 3). Bachelor’s Degree, or HS Diploma and 4 years relevant experience (for Case Manager 2). HS Diploma and 2 years experience (for Case Manager 1). For applicants without full degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for one year of experience
- Must have ability to serve a specialized population and be able to work effectively as a part of a team
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with a working knowledge of computers
- Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy required
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish / English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Russell.Baptist@cucs.org