The Field Advisor will work with members of Give2Asia's programs team in San Francisco on their program development and grantmaking goals in Mongolia. The Field Advisors will also be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments. This is a part-time position with flexible hours, and the Field Advisor will be required to work independently and monitor Give2Asia’s Mongolia grantmaking portfolio in an organized and timely manner.
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in the Asia Pacific region, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication.
- Facilitating the due diligence process for new and prospective grantees in Mongolia as well as existing grantees needing renewals, review due diligence documents that are submitted, and advise Give2Asia as to whether the organization should be considered for Give2Asia grants.
- Assisting with the review of new proposals and budgets, including: ensuring timely receipt of proposals and budgets from grantees; reviewing documents to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; and communicating with the grantee to verify or clarify information.
- Facilitating grants administration for all grants in Mongolia.
- Assisting with grant monitoring and reporting, including: conducting mid-point phone check-ins with grantees; grantee site visits, when necessary; advising Give2Asia on the performance of the grantee; ensuring timely receipt of reports from grantees; reviewing all grantee reports to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; forwarding reports to San Francisco staff; and communicating with grantee to clarify information in reports, when necessary.
- As-needed assistance with translating materials from the local language to English.
- Assisting with other activities related to liaising with grantees or providing high quality stewardship to donors, as requested.
- Researching and identifying new projects and partners, and conducting needs assessments or other special research, as requested.
- Assisting donors and Asia Pacific-based representatives of donors on-site in Mongolia, as requested.
- Providing information on Give2Asia’s fiscal sponsorship services to potential client organizations in Mongolia, as appropriate.
- Respond to other requests for assistance from Give2Asia staff in San Francisco.
The Field Advisor must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and research skills; and commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in the Asia Pacific region.
How To Apply
Application deadline: March 30, 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click here. You will be prompted to submit your resume and cover letter.