We are excited to announce a Network Director position to lead Career Connected Learning opportunities in King and Pierce County. This position reports directly to the Career Connect Washington (CCW) leadership team led by Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS), College Success Foundation, and Workforce Development Councils of King County and Pierce County. Employment and day-to-day support will be provided through WABS. To learn more about Career Connected Learning please visit: https://careerconnectwa.org/
The Network Director will help build a Career Connected Learning system in King and Pierce County and serve as a primary contact and convener of industry, education, community-based organizations, and other key stakeholders.
- Convene and lead outcome-focused collaborations with industry, community-based organizations, education systems, and other key partners as needed to drive the work for Career Connected Learning.
- Serve as the hub and primary point of contact for Career Connected Learning opportunities in King and Pierce County.
- Provide technical assistance to help expand Career Connected Learning programs in the region.
- Align work and outcomes to the region’s economic needs in collaboration with industry and workforce development.
- Increase awareness and disseminate information about Career Connected Learning opportunities and help create equitable access for all students and families.
- Foster trust and increase opportunities in historically marginalized communities around Career Connected Learning.
- Consolidate and share data for the Regional Network with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the content for the Regional Network website and social media.
- Publish a newsletter to help provide access to information regarding Career Connected Learning opportunities for employers, youth, parents, and community members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent project-management skills with a strong understanding of workflow
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills and planning, both online and in-person
- Ability to network, build relationships, foster trust, and collaborate across diverse audiences
- Experience developing successful partnerships between businesses, education, and community-based organizations
- Understanding and commitment to the practices of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Experience managing social media
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of regional workforce needs and challenges (preferred)
- Experience in working with K-12 systems (preferred)
Compensation & Schedule
- This is a full-time position with benefits. Employment provided through WABS.
- The salary is $70,000 to $80,000, depending on experience
- To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter