The Broad Residency in Urban Education, a nationwide leadership development program, immediately places participants in full-time managerial positions in education organizations while providing professional development and networking opportunities.
Leadership Development Program Highlights
Job Placement with an Urban School District, Charter Management Organization (CMO), or Federal/State Department of Education. Residents work as managers reporting to the superintendent or a senior manager. Opportunities in general management as well as functional areas (strategy, finance, operations, human capital, etc.) are available nationwide.
$90,000 – $100,000 Salary. Residents are full-time employees of the hiring organization receiving full benefits and annual salaries between $90,000 – $100,000.
Networking Opportunities. Residents regularly meet and confer with other Residents, Alumni, Broad Center staff, as well as leaders in the private and social sector.
M.Ed. All Residents who successfully complete the program earn a master’s degree in educational leadership.
Not just a job, a career. Residents make immediate contributions to improving student achievement and operational excellence in their districts as they work their way to senior leadership posts in their district.
What Residents Receive
Professional Development Sessions. Residents participate in eight professional development sessions at locations across the country. The sessions allow residents to develop their leadership competencies and their knowledge of urban education. The curriculum includes cases, site visits, lectures, expert panels, and interactive projects are utilized to ensure Residents understand the context of urban education as well as best practices in the private and public sectors.
Executive Coaching. Participants receive one-on-one executive coaching, 360 feedback and resident alumni advisor support. In addition, residents join a team of 4-5 peers to share best practices and provide support.
Alumni Services. To date, more than ninety percent of Broad Residency alumni have stayed in the education field.
Residency graduates continue to receive career support and development opportunities from The Broad Residency alumni services team.
The Broad Residency considers candidates who have:
- An advanced degree and more than four years of full-time work experience OR a bachelor’s degree and more than six years of full-time work experience
- Two years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: finance, operations, information technology, project management, talent or strategy
- Knowledge of one or more functional business areas (e.g., finance, operations, marketing, strategy, etc)
- Ability to manage complex political relationships and work well with a diverse set of communities, management styles, and personalities
- High level of energy, determination, and perseverance to act as a change agent in a demanding organization
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Passion for improving urban public education and a long-term commitment to the K-12 education
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume at https://www.broadcenter.org/broad-residency/join-the-residency/submit-your-resume/