Visitor Experience Manager at Zimmer Children's Museum by ShareWell
- Job posted by Zimmer Children's Museum
Details: Commensurate with experience
The Visitor Experience Manager at the Zimmer Children's Museum by ShareWell is responsible for the comprehensive care of visitor needs at the museum with the goal of creating a positive, welcoming, and accessible experience for all children’s museum visitors. In doing so, this position manages the visitor experience budget, oversees membership program, participates in obtaining and reporting on grants and other funding opportunities, represents the museum within the community, as well as supervises all visitor experience staff and interns.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. General Management:
· Hiring, supervision and training of visitor experience staff, including full-time, part-time and contract staff, interns and volunteers.
· Fiscal management of visitor experience related museum operations, including budget development and oversight, and identifying annual achievable earned income revenue goals.
· Oversee scheduling of staff to ensure adequate coverage at front desk and by museum play guides.
· Develop and implement professional development opportunities for staff.
· Manage coordination with landlord and building staff.
2. Visitor Experience:
· Oversee the development and implementation of customer-service procedures, messaging, and visitor engagement strategies.
· Create and update training materials for Museum Play Guides.
· Ensure that all relevant, accurate information (day-of and ongoing) is conveyed to all frontline staff, including front desk, security, floor staff, education team and management. Provide materials as needed.
· Provide front desk staff with daily tasks, schedules, current promotions and program changes, along with any relevant materials.
· Maintain sufficient inventory of exhibit props and supplies to ensure complete experience.
· Collect and analyze guest services data through surveys, feedback forms, guest interviews and staff input. Respond appropriately to guest suggestions and concerns.
3. Membership & Earned Revenue
· Oversee museum gift shop, including hiring, marketing, inventory and loss prevention.
· Prepare, implement, and evaluate annual plan for marketing the museum to increase attendance, membership, retention and operating income.
· Work with Marketing Coordinator on the development and production of all printed guest, membership and retail materials.
· Work with community to develop partnerships to enhance membership program perks.
· Work with development staff to craft grant narratives and supporting material.
· Identify potential stakeholders from visitor and member pool for potential donor cultivation.
· BA or higher in hospitality management, education, art history, museum studies, or other related field
· 3+ years experience in retail or restaurant management
· Strong leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Warm and welcoming manner and experience welcoming diverse audiences
· Excellent attention to detail, the ability to solve problems with flexibility in a changing environment, and demonstrated effectiveness cultivating teamwork to achieve goals
This is a full-time position that requires one regular weekend day per week and the flexibility to occasionally work other weekend days, evenings, and holidays, as needed.
ShareWell (home of Zimmer Children’s Museum & YOUTHINK) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Compensation package includes health, dental, vacation and sick days, plus more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Amy Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Visitor Experience Manager”. No phone calls please.