2830 S. Central Ave.
SEEKING THOSE WITH A PASSION TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Job Title: Music Program Aide
Reports to: Music Department Leads
FLSA Status/Hours: Non-Exempt/25 hours per week
Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home (APCH) is a dynamic, nonprofit youth and community center providing a safe, nurturing environment with programs in arts, education and wellness for young people to help them improve their economic conditions and develop healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives. As youth participate in our programs, they discover interests and talents and develop a better sense of themselves and their place in the world around them. Our goal is to increase the likelihood that youth will stay in school, pursue higher education, attain viable jobs, and become active community members capable of making positive change in the world in which they live.
APCH has an exciting opportunity for an individual with high energy and a passion for making a difference in the lives of young people in Los Angeles.
Under the direction of the Music Education Program Lead and the Audio Recording and Technology Program Lead, the Music Program Aide will provide support and assistance and be at the front-line for member safety and well being. The Program Aide will translate mission, policy and REACH practice into direct application for members. The Program Aide is also responsible for supporting general department administration, program development as well as assist in coordinating events and community relations. The Music Program Aide assists the Music Department Leads in facilitating management for all music department staff, instructors, and volunteers; assigning duties and responsibilities to support staff as necessary; ensuring program efficiency; assisting in interagency and external communications and collaborations; and assuming classroom management and support as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Music Department including but not limited to semester schedules, member attendance and rosters, staff and instructor coordination, student assessments, budgets & expenses, attendance reports, correspondence and other student performance administration
- Assist with classroom support and management, including teaching
- Assist the music department with class curriculum as needed
- Administrative support to the Saturday Advance Music Program (AMP)
- Agency-wide duties including youth supervision, inputting class attendance, roster management and participation in agency events when required
- Coordination of contractor paperwork, invoicing, and payment submission
- Represent the Music Department at off-campus events, performances and conferences
- Support logistics and coordination for music department performances and events on and off-campus including student participation
- Support department in coordinating music related needs of agency departments
- Oversee support staff and volunteers for special events and serve as primary chaperone as necessary
- Compose and prepare regular and special reports as required
- Maintain database of student records and independent contractors
- Assist the Music Department Leads in the placement of student enrollment in ongoing semester classes
- Communicate with performers and technical crews regarding rehearsals and production schedules and logistics
- Maintain communication with parents regarding class performance, GPA, and attendance
- Provide work direction and guidance to contractors, volunteers, interns and support staff as assigned
- Assist contractors and staff in classroom management
- Assist the Music Department Leads and staff in semester evaluations
- Work closely with the Music Department Leads to maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly calendar of music activities
- Submit appropriate paperwork and reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and values at all times
- Drive APCH vehicles when needed to transport equipment or students for performances
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or proof of equivalent training in related field
- 1 year of administrative experience
- Background in music preferred
Physical and Mental Demands
- Able to work in a dynamic and high noise level environment typical of a youth center
- Walking, standing required on daily basis
- Sitting and use of hands/vision for computer work for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Able to communicate and convey accurate information
- Type 45WPM
- Able to work some evenings and/or weekends
- Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus
A Place Called Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy), gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation, military and veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, A Place Called Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Background screening required.
Generous benefits package that includes:
- Health, Dental and Vision with APCH covering 70% of the costs for most plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- AD&D and Life insurance of $25,000
- 401K plan with up to a 4% Employer match after one year of service
- 10+ days of Vacation, 11 Sick Days, 13 paid Holidays, and paid Winter Break
- Tickets to Events: NBA/WNBA basketball, MLB baseball, NHL hockey, and NFL football games, concerts, plays, snowboarding, bowling, fund raisers, and etc.
- Job Exchange Program
- Professional development training and financial assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program eligibility
- Fun community events
- Free staff lunch most work days
- Free CPR/First Aid certification
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants must apply by submitting a pdf cover letter and resume to email@example.com and use “Music Aide” in the subject line. E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries. Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.