- Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government sources. Keeps abreast of current trends in funding.
- Researches foundations, corporations, governmental, and other potential funders in order to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Compiles and keeps track of grant reporting as required by foundation and corporate donors.
- Tracks West House statistics relevant to development.
- Writes and maintains a full range of templates.
- Maintains records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
Organization-wide Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Complies willingly with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others.
- Communicates appropriate information to Administrator in a timely manner
- Minimum five years grant writing experience. Must have proven track record of successful grant writing.
- Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Ability to write in a compelling, clear, concise manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Experience with proposal writing.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising techniques, strategies, and information sources.
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work efficiently.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Work, Outlook, and Excel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient in English.
Minimum Education Required