Health Trainer Position
- Facilitate health workshops for Bay Area youth & youth-serving adults at schools and other venues.
- Collect data from participants and provide periodic summary reports.
- Design educational materials and prepare for workshops with colleagues.
- Workshop topics include: mental health, sexual health, LGBTQIQ Issues & how to work with queer and trans youth, queer empowerment, trans identities, harm reduction & substance use, anti-oppression, HIV prevention, STIs, safer sex, self-advocacy, peer education and leadership, body image and self-esteem, facilitation skills, etc.
- Have some experience facilitating or training youth.
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- Be open to a flexible schedule; curren business hours are daytimes Mon – Thurs.
- Feel comfortable speaking with diverse groups of youth and adults about sensitive topics.
Candidates would also benefit from…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, close to graduating, or equivalent experience.
- Work or volunteer experience in community organizations with high-risk youth in public settings, community organizations, schools, shelters, etc.
- Personal experience in and around the populations we serve: “at risk youth” and the adults who serve them.
- Knowledge of sexual health, knowledge of anatomy, birth control, human sexuality, HIV and STI education and prevention.
Compensation & FTE
- $18/hour, 20 to 28 hours a week. Benefits are not included in this position.
- Depending on funding and performance, hourly rate and/or hours per week may increase.
Multiple candidates may receive offers for this position. LGBTQIQ & Minority Candidates encouraged to apply
Unfortunately no benefits are available for part-time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, any other fluent languages are a plus.
Minimum Education Required