Details: Depending on experience, education, and skills.
44 Belchertown Rd
Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
This position will provide technical expertise for Verité’s planning, implementation, and reporting of monitoring and evaluation strategy across grant- and client-funded work. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will assist in the development of project-based M&E frameworks, track impact, and make recommendations for how knowledge from individual projects may be used to improve Verité’s strategies for monitoring and improving impact across the organization.
Tasks and specific responsibilities
- Develops M&E strategies for grant-funded projects, with an emphasis on federal grants, and drives implementation throughout project lifecycle, including selecting indicators, developing data-gathering tools, and reporting.
- Tracks achievement of indicator targets and overall project progress towards desired outcomes and impact.
- Works with Verité staff in Amherst and regional partners in locations including Latin America, Africa, South East Asia, South Asia, and China to support implementation of data gathering strategies and ensure quality of incoming data.
- Keeps program monitoring data and information up-to-date in tracking systems in line with quality standards .
- Cleans, analyzes, and disaggregates data as necessary.
- Periodically reviews data to make recommendations for programmatic improvements.
- Serves as liaison for external project evaluations.
- Contributes to technical and programmatic program reports on regular and ad hoc bases. Provides aggregated data for reporting as needed.
- Tracks the implementation of M&E workplans and works with project staff to ensure timely delivery.
- Advises Verité staff on best practices for impact evaluation in a variety of contexts through trainings and ad hoc technical support as requested.
- Develops indicators to track impact of Verité work across departments in consultation with senior management.
- Supports development of strategies for private-sector clients to track the impact of their interventions as requested.
- Advises private-sector clients on monitoring and evaluation as requested, in coordination with client leads.
- Compiles best practices and lessons learned to contribute to internal organizational M&E systems.
Qualifications for this position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities in international development projects, with specific knowledge of approaches relevant to capacity-building projects.
- Experience tracking complex project components against key performance indicators.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience conducting or managing impact or outcome evaluations.
- Experience developing theories of change and logical framework analyses for project design and evaluation.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, data collection, tool development, reporting, and developing performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to identify challenges and barriers and to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative datasets, disaggregate data, identify trends, and summarize programmatic implications persuasively in written and verbal form.
- Experience working in cross-cultural contexts, ideally living or working internationally.
- Fluency in English, with bilingual fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally (10 - 20 percent of time), including in developing country contexts.
Qualifications for all Verité positions
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility.
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across a broad range of perspectives and experiences.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse, marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission.
- Fluent, clear, and concise writing in English.
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English, with bilingual fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.’ No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.