A Place Called Home is seeking a resourceful Mentoring Coordinator
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Mentoring Coordinator implements programs and agency goals, REACH objectives and agency best practices and program efficiencies through the LIFE (Lead. Influence. Foster. Empower.) Mentoring Program.
The Mentoring Coordinator oversees and supports LIFE Mentoring Program mentee/mentor matches. The LIFE Mentoring Program matches adult volunteer mentors with youth in one-to-one relationships. The Mentoring Coordinator assists in program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, training, matching, monitoring and evaluating; and supports communications with the mentor, parent/guardian, and mentee throughout the relationship.
Job Title: Mentoring Coordinator
Department: Teen and Young Adult Services
Reports to: Young Adult Transitional Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: 16.00 - 19.00/hour DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with weekly summaries and monthly match support records of all program participants including match progress towards established goals.
- Conduct case management/match support for all program matches. This includes; monitoring match activity, tracking agreed benchmarks, dealing with lack of communication, coaching mentor through rough patches, assist in organizing structured activities, communicating with youth family, and preparing all participants for healthy match closures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of match goals for mentor and mentees.
- Ensures that all match records are accurate, up to date, and in compliance with program requirements.
- Responsible for conducting quarterly match surveys to help obtain data which measures relationship quality and match structure.
- Assist in implementing mentor recruitment plan inclusive of presentations to targeted groups, organizations and individuals, and ensuring a presence at key community events.
- Oversee youth recruitment in an effort to meet established benchmarks, as well as conducting monthly program orientations to parent/guardians
- Supports YATL with participant screening, training, and matching
- Support in the implementation of our new peer group (team) mentoring framework by organizing orientations, facilitating orientations and group sessions, planning community events, and provide support to peer mentoring groups as needed.
- Supports Development Department with program data for reports as needed
- Serve as a mentor to APCH members
- Participate in ongoing development of program efficiency and policies to achieve excellence and growth.
- Attend weekly required department and agency meetings
- Submit all paperwork/reports in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Mentoring Coordinator must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to his/her own ongoing personal and professional development. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
- B.A. degree in social services or related field (social work, psychology, non-profit management, and/or education)
- 2 years of experience in mentoring, youth development, and working within community organizations and/or schools
- Knowledge of curriculum development, policies and procedures
- Experience working in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse urban communities
· Must work well with diverse populations of employees and clients
· Must be available to work some weekends and/or evening hours
· Must be a solution-oriented team player who both promotes and practices a growth mindset
· Must provide exemplary customer service and welcoming hospitality to members and families
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Vacation, Sick, plus more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Mentoring Coordinator” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening