Community Based Programs - RealKids Summer
Part-Time and Seasonal
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Program Manager
, the Youth Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting youth and staff with crisis intervention and behavior management support. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build on their past success in youth development and further grow in the field. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support youth and staff with crisis intervention and behavior management support;
- Model and encourage positive culture in all daily activities;
- Mediate conflicts and other situations as they arise;
- Support the development of group leaders' professional development skills by designing training and providing coaching regarding behavior management & facilitation;
- Create and monitor individualized intervention plans for youth, providing guidance and support to colleagues in implementation;
- Assist in communication about youth behavior to parents and guardians, including information regarding behavior responses and consequences;
- Serve as a substitute youth worker as necessary;
- Collaborate with site manager on resolving conflicts/crisis;
- Innovate and implement new programmatic ideas;
- Support part-time staff in the practice of DREAM teaching methods, including experiential and project-based learning methodologies;
- Model professionalism through consistent attendance, timeliness and preparation; ?
- Participate in weekly professional development and tactical trainings in addition to formal feedback and coaching;
- Collaborate with program social worker.
Tentative Days & Hours:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college enrollment or degree, preferred;
- Experience working with youth in a classroom or youth development setting;
- A record of success in facilitating and managing groups of youth;
- Experience with behavior management systems, including positive youth development;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and supervisors;
- Exhibits high energy, warmth, enthusiasm and patience in working with youth;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
- June 21-August 13, 2021
- Monday-Thursday, 8am-5pm; Friday, 8am-3pm
- Days and hours are subject to change.
- PS 146 - 421 East 106th Street
- DREAM Charter School (East Harlem) - 1991 Second Avenue
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Compensation starts at $17.50/hour.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/Z4ejNnfGb67Vt1N4C6o1N" />