ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. builds pathways to prosperity for two generations—young mothers and their children. We believe that education is the key factor in breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty faced by young families. Teen Success, Inc. empowers young mothers to complete high school and persist through post-secondary education, and nurture their child’s positive development to ensure the success of the whole family. Our two-generation approach involves partnering with young mothers to heal trauma, build skills and a future mindset, and address the barriers they face to being successful in school and in life.
The young women Teen Success, Inc. works with are low-income, 94% are women of color, and many are from immigrant families. In addition to the challenges and stigma associated with being a young mother, Teen Success, Inc. members are faced with further complexities including housing instability; limited access to healthcare and reproductive health information; emotional and physical violence in their homes, relationships and communities; lack of access to affordable childcare; and racism and discrimination.
Teen Success, Inc. has supported over 1,800 families since our founding in 2011. Every year, over 85% of our program participants graduate from high school, as compared to 38% of teen mothers nationally. The children of the young mothers we work with are thriving as well, with close to 90% meeting their linguistic milestones which is setting them up to be kindergarten ready.
Teen Success, Inc. currently operates programs in the following areas of California: San Jose, Fresno, Sacramento and Monterey County. Teen Success, Inc. is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
The Donor Engagement Manager supports the Development efforts of Teen Success, Inc. by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors. The Donor Engagement Manager’s focus will be on engaging individual donors giving under $10,000 through campaigns, donor communications, individual meetings, and events. The Donor Engagement Manager is first and foremost, passionate about the mission of the organization. They must have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent time-management skills, and be able to prioritize deadlines. The ideal candidate is a flexible, collaborative and detail-driven professional with direct solicitation and/or annual campaign experience, and a commitment to learning and growth.
· Work closely with the Director of Development and Communications and Fund Development Committee to meet and grow fundraising goals for individual donors (currently ~$500,000 annually)
· Develop a moves management pipeline for both new prospects and returning donors
· Manage a portfolio of individual major donors and prospects, using cultivation and solicitation tools including one-on-one meetings, written communications, and small events to engage individuals with Teen Success, Inc.’s work
· Create compelling fundraising letters, pages, and campaign messaging aligned with our brand
· Assist the Director of Development and Communications in the planning and execution of major fundraising events
· Oversee smaller donor events including open houses and house parties
· Perform strategic prospect research and develop meeting briefs for new/existing donors
· Using Teen Success, Inc.’s donor database, Salesforce, analyze trends related to individual giving and campaign ROI to improve donor retention and acquisition
· Support donor communication through drafting e-newsletters, website content, and social media posts
· Support additional fundraising activities of the Teen Success, Inc. Board, fund development committee, and staff
· Past development/fundraising experience as a Development Coordinator or Manager
· Knowledgeable about fundraising best practices, including community-centric fundraising
· Experience with Salesforce or other donor database software
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Must be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and flexible
· Be mission-driven and passionate about our work
· Interest in improving performance to increase impact
· Maintains a positive attitude, team player, energizes others, and has a sense of humor
· 3-5 years non-profit experience preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title, Donor Engagement Manager, in your subject line. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed as they are received; open until filled.
For more information about Teen Success, Inc. please visit our website: www.teensuccess.org.
For details on our competitive benefits package please visit www.teensuccess.org/careers.
Teen Success, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. builds pathways to prosperity for two generations—young mothers and their children. We believe that education is the key factor in breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty faced by young…