Details: This is a regular, part-time position. ~20hr/week. $16 - $18/hr. DOE
8880 SW Nimbus Avenue, Ste B
Does the thought of creating spectacular events excite you? Do you want an opportunity that will encourage you to develop and flex your leadership skills, while making a direct impact in your community today? If so, then Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon is the place for you! We are seeking a part-time (20 hrs/week) Development Coordinator to lead the execution of our two signature fundraising events. Under the supervision of the Development Director, this position will provide administrative and fundraising event support critical to ensuring smooth and successful fulfilment of fiscal goals and guest experiences.
This position will work directly with the Development Director and as a member or our team, will be expected to also develop positive and supportive working relationships with program and administrative staff. The Development Coordinator will represent PRO as s/he interacts with clients, board members, and other volunteers. The selected candidate will possess a genuine interest in PRO’s mission and have a demonstrated ability to professionally and compassionately respond to the special needs of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PRO relies on the success of two major events throughout the year to effectively provide customized services. Our CELEBRATE HOPE gala will celebrate its 10th anniversary in April of 2019. This event is our showcase piece, welcoming 350 guests for an elegant evening – including a silent and live auction. www.progala.org SOLE SUPPORT is our signature event, a series of four peer to peer fundraising walks in the fall. Held in Bend, Eugene, Vancouver, and Portland, the success of this event relies on peer-to-peer fundraising among our clients, partners, and community. www.solesupport.org.
Each of these events includes multiple supporting events and countless moving pieces. The successful candidate will be expected to step into the role and immediately add value to these year round efforts.
Development Coordinator will actively lead or engage with the following:
§ Guests/participant recruitment, support, and experience
§ Logistics planning, procurement and on-site coordination
§ Event website(s) updates and reporting
§ Procurement of auction items and prizes and in-kind
§ Administrative and data entry activities
§ Promotion to include collateral production, social media, and other outreach
§ Planning committee support and coordination
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, extremely organized, and accurate with every detail. The ideal candidate has 2 – 3 years’ experience in the planning and coordinating of various events, peer-to-peer fundraising experience preferred. A healthy combination of professionalism along with an ability to take change in stride will serve this candidate well.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable accuracy
- A positive attitude with a contagious level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently to anticipate, initiate, manage and complete multiple tasks on time
- Strong technical and problem solving skills, with a willingness to also seek direction and support
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Sophisticated in building interpersonal relationships; relates well to all kinds of people, listens, builds effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact
- Ability to organize and encourage both people and activities
- Contribute new ideas and processes while respecting situational constraints
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to quickly learn custom platforms (Salesforce, Greater Giving, Donor Drive)
- Exceptional computer skills in MS Office required (Word, Excel & Publisher)
- Commitment to maintain client and donor confidentiality
High School diploma required. Bachelors preferred.
Pro-rated vacation and sick time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position description is a guideline and is not intended to identify every task that an employee will complete. Email your resume and a letter detailing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Development Coordinator. NO PHONE CALLS, please.