Details: Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has.
Development Manager, The Public Interest Network
Based in Aspen, CO
Represent The Public Interest Network and our organizations, including Environment America and U.S. PIRG, among community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists in Aspen, Colorado.
The Public Interest Network is hiring a smart, creative organizer to join our team and represent us and our member groups in Aspen, Colorado. The Public Interest Network is a nationwide network of nonprofit groups committed to our vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done.
The Development Manager will deepen our relationships and cultivate new partnerships among community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists in Aspen, Colorado, and fundraise for our groups and campaigns. The Development Manager will also work closely with Explore Booksellers, Aspen’s beloved independent bookstore for more than 40 years, owned by groups in The Public Interest Network, to host engaging events on a regular basis and build on Explore’s history of hosting prominent political, business, and literary speakers including Madeline Albright, Thomas Friedman, Hunter S. Thompson, and Maria Semple, as well as local writers. Experience in community relations, event planning, and fundraising preferred.
● Build and deepen relationships with community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists who frequent Aspen, and cultivate new partnerships for The Public Interest Network and our groups
● Fundraise for The Public Interest Network and our groups
○ Identify and cultivate donors
○ Fundraise through individual meetings, fundraising events, and house parties
● Build on Explore Booksellers’ legacy as an intellectual gathering place in Aspen by hosting engaging political, business, literary, and community-inspired events.
● Other responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years of professional experience; organizing or fundraising experience preferred. We are looking for skilled candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social change and an appreciation of the importance of activism and organizing. We’re also looking for candidates that are more motivated by the success of the movement than by individual achievement. Additionally, top candidates will:
● Enjoy meeting new people and cultivating relationships;
● Be highly goal-driven, results-oriented, and have a track record of academic and professional success and proven leadership ability;
● Be flexible, embrace new challenges, and have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
● Be willing to travel on a nonprofit budget;
● Have demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving problems; and
● Be able to work independently and creatively, as well as take direction and work as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please fill out our online application. Attach your resume and cover letter in .pdf form, and address your cover letters to Amanda Read, TPIN Vice President.
Things to Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required