Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
Stronger seeks a Senior Impact Analyst to support the execution of Stronger’s change efforts in the coming years. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will work under the leadership and management of the Stronger Chief Change Officer and the Stronger Change Office Director.
- The Senior Impact Analyst will carry out and communicate timely and relevant monitoring, evaluation, financial and risk reporting with relevant data analyses to inform the SCO’s strategic decision making. The Stronger Change Office Senior Impact Analyst’s primary functions are to:
- Support the SCO’s monitoring and evaluation activities and contribute to the design, development, and implementation of impact measurement framework.
- Conduct high priority financial and programmatic data analysis for the Stronger Change Office, including tracking and reporting on financial and programmatic metrics, risk management, monitoring budget to actuals, and conducting return on investment analysis.
- Manage the business case for the SCO and communicate the value delivered and impact to stakeholders, including affiliate leadership and the PPFA board.
- Design and manage ongoing impact theses and measurement (including data collection, analysis, and extraction of critical insights).
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report transformation metrics for the Stronger Change Office and Stronger Initiatives; including pulling and analyzing data reports on health center and affiliate performance.
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and create budgets and other financial reports and risk management for the Stronger Change Office.
- Revise and maintain the Stronger return on investment model to measure the value of Stronger Initiatives to facilitate decision-making and communication to stakeholders.
- Support Stronger Change Office Director in preparing progress reports, grant reports, and other communications to Stronger and PPFA stakeholders, including the PPFA board of directors.
- Conduct other analyses for the Stronger Change Office, as needed.
- Provide thought partnership with affiliate stakeholders on impact measurement and analytics, including connections to health equity and health outcomes.
- Experience working with a racial equity and gender equity lens to impact.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, MPA, or equivalent preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience conducting impact analysis of programs, including return on investment (ROI) analysis, related financial and budgetary analysis, and delivering of data with actionable insights.
- Experience in the healthcare industry or public health preferred, but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint required. Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence tool(s) and Asana/Smartsheet or other project management tools preferred.
- Conducts complex, error-free analyses.
- Effectively manages own work to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Succinctly communicates the results, insights, and implications of analyses.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding and field questions with minimal oversight.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborative work style. Able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals, both remote and in-person.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- This position will be based in New York City. The Impact Analyst will be expected to spend ~10-15% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.