Full Time Contract
785 Market Street
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about making a difference, possesses exceptional attention to detail, and thrives in an entrepreneurial, global setting. This person will act as Administrative Lead to our IDinsight’s only US office in San Francisco, where IDinsight’s CEO and many senior-level Directors and Economists are based. We are embarking on an exciting chapter of growth and ambitious plans for our organization. Join the adventure to help catalyze social impact across the globe!
IDinsight is an international development consulting organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. We carefully tailor a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable our clients to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Our services include experimental evaluation methodologies tailored to the priorities of international development decision-makers, monitoring and performance management systems to facilitate continuous data-driven improvement, policy design consulting and scale-up support. Our advisory teams are closely integrated into client organizations, and we strive to provide comprehensive support for clients who want to maximize their social impact through evidence-based policymaking. IDinsight’s vision is to improve millions of lives by transforming how the social sector innovates, learns and improves.
Our diverse client portfolio includes state governments in India, national Ministries across Africa, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, international NGOs and innovative social businesses. We work across a range of sectors, including governance, health, education, energy, agriculture, and sanitation.
Please see the IDinsight website for more information on our story, services, values, and team. IDinsight works in East and Southern Africa, India, and Southeast Asia.
About the role
Our operational and administrative teammates are shepherding IDinsight through a unique stage of organizational growth, tripling the size our current staff over the next two years (from 65 to 200+) and adding multiple new global offices. Our team has been charged with creating a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multi-cultural, multi-continental team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. Our mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and create the support structures that allow IDinsight teams to achieve maximum social impact.
Reporting to the Director of Global Operations in San Francisco and working with other operational and administrative teammates including in our country offices, the Administrative Lead will contribute to the following efforts:
- San Francisco office management: The Administrative Lead will run the SF office. Duties include culture and teambuilding, optimizing physical space for workplace performance, compliance (including HR compliance and safety & security), and owning the various processes of adjusting our workplace needs for the dynamism of expected growth.
- Executive and administrative support: We have several teams in San Francisco that constitute the “jet fuel” for the rest of our client-facing teams abroad. Top leadership in the office, from the CEO to the Technical, Innovation, Communications, and Operations teams, require administrative support (e.g., scheduling, expenses, desk research, copy-editing, design, etc.) to help their teams run smoothly.
- Organizational Systems Management: Critically examine, optimize, and administer systems that govern how we work, from client-facing project work to internal organizational development. These systems include software and technology, project management, knowledge management, internal goal setting and impact measurement, staffing and utilization, client development, and internal communications.
- People and People Systems: One consistent goal of our administrative and operational teams is to make IDinsight the best place to work in international development. The Administrative Lead may be asked to pitch in on specific work streams and systems include recruiting, applicant tracking, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, performance management, HR systems, alumni engagement, and policies (including safety and security).
- Culture: Maintain a culture of mastery, autonomy, and purpose in the San Francisco office. This includes driving our culture and values, reviewing and maintaining benefits, maintaining global connectivity across teams, team building activities and budgets, and executing employee surveys and “bureaucracy buster” improvements to the way we work.
Desired qualifications include:
- Passionate about global development and social impact;
- Detail-oriented and able to take a task from high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy;
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams;
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Strong ability to manage up and communicate about multiple workstreams, demonstrating efficient time management;
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management);
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with track record of openness to give and receive feedback;
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs;
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
Nuts and Bolts
Compensation will be commensurate comparable social sector roles, along with experience and track record. Generous Benefits package and flexibility, including one day per week work from home. Strong preference for immediate start date.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at the link above. The application asks various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.