Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring: Volunteer and Family Enrollment & Matching Specialist
- Job posted by Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles
Details: $15.00 / Hour
1530 James M. Wood Blvd.
Looking for a career with passion, a job you can really be proud of and a chance to have measurable impact?
CATHOLIC BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (CBBBS) seeks a high-level individual for full-time employment as a Enrollment & Matching Specialist.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Program Department and consistent with procedures and policies of the agency, this position is responsible providing high-level customer service throughout the effective implementation of the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process in accordance with the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring.
Position Responsibilities: The responsibilities for the Enrollment & Matching Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes.
- Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review and follow-up on references as appropriate. Immediately bring to the attention of supervisor concerns regarding reference information, which may influence the volunteer enrollment process.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information.
- Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match relationships.
- Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports and recommendations for participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Follow process through to next point of contact.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and family schedules.
- Makes recommendations to Match Support Case Manager for training and support needs.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for each match according to BBBSA and agency standards.Enter information into computer as information is gathered.
Customer/Client Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers/clients; gets first-hand information and uses it effectively; talks and acts with customers/clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers/clients and gains their trust and respect; deals effectively with diversity.
Interpersonal Savvy—Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; capable of diffusing difficult situations comfortably; doesn’t show frustration
Sales/Marketing- Ensure customers feel they have been listened to; establish credibility quickly; create and seize opportunities to match customer interest with program options; display enthusiasm and commitment; maintain a positive “can-do attitude; answer detailed questions about program options; position each inquiry for program involvement.
Listening—Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out, can accurately restate the opinions of others.
Results/Outcome Oriented--Is motivated by results; can be counted on to meet and exceed goals successfully; bottom-line oriented; pushes self for results; sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process and progress.
Sizing Up People—Can clearly articulate the strengths and limitations of people; can accurately project what various people are likely to do across a variety of situations; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Identifies incomplete information and strives for understanding. Makes good decisions.
Approachability—Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra efforts to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with others; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
Organizing—Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner; follows established process; identifies informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the area of human services, social work, psychology, criminal justice, education and experience in the areas of youth development, volunteer management, social work, or other related fields and ability to work with adults, youth and families.
- Bilingual/Fluency in Spanish required.
- Reimbursable local travel is required; must have a valid driver's license, provide own transportation, and meet driving insurability and background check requirements.
- Availability and willingness to work regular evening and weekend hours is required to be accessible and supportive to clients.
- Strong verbal/written skills and computer/database proficiency are required. Assessment and relationship development experience with youth and adults, including an understanding of child development and family dynamics. Must have ability to work with various collaborating agencies, schools, volunteers, parents and youth groups.
- Successful candidates will be passionate about the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission, positive, adaptable, team-oriented, proactive, and highly skilled at building strong and enduring relationships.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Life, LTD, 13 1/2 Holidays, Paid Time Off & Sick Leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual/Fluency in Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Let us know if this is you. Send us your resume. Email: email@example.com
How to Apply: Please submit resumes and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please Please visit www.catholicbigbrothers.org