44 Teele Avenue
The Applied Economics Clinic (AEC) is looking for a Researcher/Modeler with:
- Strong technical and quantitative skills
- Strong desire to learn new models and data techniques
- Enthusiasm for working on issues related to energy, environment, equity and other consumer rights.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree in any technical field (economics, engineering, science, etc.) with minimum two years relevant experience.
- Strong technical/quantitative skills
- Familiarity with complex Excel functions
- Strong interest in some or all of the following topics: climate, energy, environment, consumer issues, and equity
- Strong writing skills, including an ability to write for both technical and popular audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time well
- Ability to work collaboratively, sharing tasks, knowledge, and work space with colleagues
- Willingness to learn and use feedback to improve
- Master’s or PhD in any technical field (economics, engineering, science, etc.)
- Experience in statistics, modeling, and/or other forms of quantitative analysis
- Background in modeling, energy, and environment
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Applications submitted before October 3 will be
prioritized, but applications will be accepted until October 19, 20
This is full-time position with benefits. Salary is very competitive. The position will begin in November or December of 2018.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required