The Director--Communications leads the organizational and programmatic communications
strategies of the organization. This includes developing, managing, and implementing a variety
of media plans, including social and print media. This role consults with, supports, and trains
partners on communication strategies. The Director leads the departmental team, manages the
departmental budget, and supports the structure of all communications.
Leadership & Oversight
- Create and find opportunities for communications staff to develop their skills and abilities as
- leaders and owners.
- Provide strategic communications consulting and training support to partners, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Co-Executive Directors to build and maintain funder relationships,
- including writing plans and reports, attending meetings and calls, and providing updates and post program results.
- Manage media vendor and consultant relationships, including voter registration and election protection programs.
- Manage a team that coordinates WV digital media plans for coalition campaigns, including
- Fair Maps, Election Protection, and Census.
- Manage team that coordinates programs in conjunction with partners, including Digital
- Cohort Experiment; build and strengthen connection between civic engagement and the art community.
- Build Wisconsin Voices’ brand and presence, as the expert in progressive democracy reform.
- Attend and co-lead meetings with other departments and subcommittees, providing communications insight. Onboard caucus members and maintain the white caucus library and resources.
- Collaborate with Accelerate Change staff to brainstorm and debrief the state of the project and next steps.
- Collaborate with other leaders to write and edit proposals and updates to funders.
- Contribute to overall strategy and direction of WI Voices; actively engage in annual planning process.
- Co-create, oversee, and navigate paid strategies, PR, and marketing of our app, approving and brainstorming content and targets.
- Manage communication and digital regrant process, including rapid digital responses and yearlong programs.
- Write RFPs, coordinate receipt, and oversee payment in coordination with other departments. Draft reporting templates and coordinate submissions, ensuring templates are approved internally.
- Write statements, press releases, and advisories.
- Manage relationships with reporters and media; update statewide press list.
- Facilitate integration and connection of Race Class Narrative between RCN Midwest and partners.
- Other duties as needed.