Senior Research and Policy Analyst at NYU Furman Center
- Job posted by NYU Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy
Details: Commensurate with experience
The NYU Furman Center is seeking a full-time Senior Research and Policy Analyst. The Analyst will work closely with our interdisciplinary team of lawyers, economists, and urban planners on policy and data projects that address important and timely urban policy issues. The Analyst will also work with our policy and communications teams to identify strategic opportunities to insert our data and research into ongoing public policy debates.
Primary Responsibilities: Staff and help manage policy and data projects; help connect NYU Furman Center research to current policy debates and distribute work to key stakeholders.
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing for NYU Furman Center research, data, and policy analysis projects.
- Serve as project manager for select policy and data projects.
- Assist in translating academic research--including the Center’s legal, data, and quantitative analysis--into materials accessible for non-academic audiences.
- Work with the Policy Director and Communications Director to design and implement the NYU Furman Center’s outreach strategies, through use of social media, traditional media, and outreach to stakeholders and policymakers.
- Help identify and monitor pressing policy discussions and debates--in New York City and nationally--to inform the NYU Furman Center’s research agenda on affordable housing and urban policy issues.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Center’s events, including policy breakfasts, webinar briefings, symposia, and roundtables.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in Public Policy/Public Administration/Urban Planning, J.D., an advanced degree in an equivalent field, or a B.A. in a relevant field plus at least 5 years of relevant work experience. The candidate must demonstrate strong analytic thinking, comfort working with data and policy analysis, and be effective at oral and written communication of quantitative findings and complex concepts. The candidate must be comfortable working on a team, demonstrate excellent writing/editing/proofreading capabilities, and have strong organizational and project-management skills.
We are looking for a team player with a good sense of humor, strong writing skills, and a curiosity about the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience analyzing data using statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS, STATA, R). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or other publication tools. These skills are not required, but if you have them please note that in your cover letter.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The position comes with a salary and a generous array of benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision. Further information regarding benefits can be found here:
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, law/graduate school transcripts if applicable (unofficial copies are acceptable), and list of 3 references. Send application materials and questions to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Research and Policy Analyst Position” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.