101 Marietta Street NorthWest
<img width="117" height="150" alt="https://www.dropbox.com/s/clu6xlw67fmelex/SEF_150_Years_3-color-dates%2C%20blue%20trim.png?raw=1" src="//:0">
Marketing and Design Associate
For more than 150 years SEF has made outsized contributions to improving education at all levels, from pre-kindergarten through higher education. SEF works to improve equity, excellence, and opportunity in education nationally. Research, policy analysis, advocacy, and leadership programs are the primary means through which SEF pursues its mission.
The Southern Education Foundation (SEF), located in Atlanta, GA seeks an outstanding candidate to fill a Marketing and Design Associate position. This role will support efforts to strategically develop and disseminate the Southern Education Foundation’s research as well as promote its visibility locally, regionally, and nationally through various communication channels. In addition to writing and editing on the organization’s behalf, this role will invest significant time designing and translating information into digestible content for key stakeholders across the education pipeline inclusive of advocates, researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and the general public. Applicants should be self-driven, goal oriented, and demonstrate a unique energy and enthusiasm for using creative designs to communicate complex ideas. A successful candidate will have a unique commitment to SEF’s mission and support it by helping devise creative ways to tell our story about education equity. This position will be open until filled with priority consideration given to applications received through Tuesday, September 4th. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Execution of marketing/advocacy campaigns.
2. Graphic design (developing infographics, fact sheets, maps, print ready promotional materials, and other design projects to amplify the work of the organization)
3. Analytics curation
4. Content development and curation for regular newsletters & other communications to subscribers
5. Website maintenance (WordPress platform)
6. Project management & plan development
7. Editing written works across the organization
8. Social media campaign development
9. Additional duties as assigned
Characteristics & Experience
1. A bachelor’s degree is required in communication, marketing, design, public relations, education policy or relevant professional work experience.
2. Exceptional written, oral, and electronic communication skills
3. Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
4. Capable of translating complex ideas into digestible content.
5. Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, balance multiple competing priorities, and operate on short timelines.
6. Appreciates and promotes a culture of camaraderie.
7. Proficiency in graphic design (Adobe Suite experience-InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
8. Demonstrated success managing projects & providing deliverables on schedule.
9. Web design and/or maintenance experience.
10. Proficiency in metrics/analytics programs (i.e. Google Analytics, media monitoring systems, etc.).
11. Established local or southern region media contacts is a plus.
12. 2.5 years of professional experience in a communications or design role.
13. Experience working in a non-profit, advocacy, or school setting is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should submit: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a current résumé; 3) writing and design samples (i.e. press release, blog, infographic, fact sheet etc.); and 4) names and contact information of three references. Materials and inquiries should be addressed to: Chandra Halstead, Office Manager; Southern Education Foundation, 101 Marietta St. NW; Ste. 1650, Atlanta, GA 30303. Materials may be sent electronically to (email@example.com). Applications who submit will be given priority consideration through Friday, Sep. 21st.
Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a current resume; 3) writing and design samples (i.e. press release, blog, infographic, fact sheet, etc.) and 4) names and contact information of three references. Materials may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.