Details: Compensation based on experience.
200 N Glebe Road
Nationally Prominent Nonprofit Seeks Development Associate
The Treatment Advocacy Center is seeking a compassionate, detail-oriented Development Associate. The Development Associate serves as the primary point person for the daily management of donations and development data, and plays a critical role in supporting the organization’s overall development goals.
The Treatment Advocacy Center is a national nonprofit dedicated exclusively to reforming public policy surrounding severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. As the first contact many people have with the organization, this team member must be able to sensitively handling incoming messages from families in distress while simultaneously ensuring the smooth flow of routine development operations.
Stewardship & Donor Relations
- PROCESS contributions in an accurate and timely manner including: data entry, gift acknowledgement and reporting
- MAINTAIN donor database and all paper and electronic funder files
- COORDINATING mass mailings, preparing mailing lists and communicating with printers
- ANSWERING and prioritizing telephone calls, email and regular mail communications
- PROVIDING first-level phone/email/mail responses to callers, many of whom are family members in a crisis situation
- FULFILLING information/resource requests from inside and outside the organization
- PERFORMING routine office duties including photocopying, filing and managing organizational and executive correspondence
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- PROVIDING support for board meetings and organizational events, including taking minutes, making travel arrangements and organizing/managing meeting setup
- COLLEGE DEGREE and professional work experience OR minimum of 3 years administrative experience
- DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY with Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- PROVEN RECORD of attention to detail, including to standard grammar, punctuation and spelling
- DEMONSTRATED EFFECTIVENESS meeting deadlines and prioritizing competing demands
- EXCELLENT oral and written communication skills
- DIPLOMACY, compassion, emotional maturity and good judgment
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALITIES:
- EXPERIENCE working with the DonorPerfect platform
- AWARENESS of mental illness issues/knowledge of how untreated severe mental illness impacts individuals, families and communities
3 weeks of vacation plus holidays and sick time; health, prescription, life and disability insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer contribution.
Minimum Education Required