Administrative Project Manager
The Open Dor Project is designed to further the creation and development of new and emerging models of Jewish spiritual community around the country. Each year, our Cohort program conducts an open call for applications seeking rabbis and cantors across the country who are working to develop innovative, emerging models of Jewish spiritual community. We invite 3-5 extraordinary applicants to join a learning/funding community built to address the most pressing needs of spiritual startup leaders and provide real and meaningful investment in their visions of Jewish spiritual life. Open Dor Project is powered by Moishe House.
The Administrative Project Manager responsibilities include professional management of short and long-term projects, administrative support to the Director, coordination of travel arrangements for project staff and participants, processing and managing billing, coordination and management of a national network of consultants, and yearly program planning and execution. Responsibilities also include the creation and management of up to three (3) immersive gatherings a year for participating spiritual leaders, their teams, project staff, and faculty/consultants, as well as researching, scheduling, and managing consultant/training services provided to the cohorts.
The Administrative Project Manager is a full-time position, preferred location near San Diego; other locations will be considered. The position allows for remote work and flexible work hours (for some aspects of the job), with a strong preference for candidates who can attend at least one monthly, in-person meeting in the San Diego North County area.
This position reports directly to the founding Director of the Open Dor Project.
Essential Job Duties:
Administrative & Logistics Duties (75%)
· Coordinates and oversees all Gathering & selection process logistics for approximately 3 gatherings per year, including travel to gatherings.
· Manages scheduling, coordination, and outreach with outside advisors, stakeholders, candidate pipeline channels, project consultants, and training teams.
· Provides ongoing coordination of consulting/training/mentorship sessions for all cohort members, including sporadic online learning opportunities.
· Researches and secures vendors for lodging, transportation, and event services required for Gatherings, including communications and payment processing.
· Manages all aspects of Gatherings, including registration and evaluation, and addressing all questions and customer service needs
· Prepares on-site logistical materials for the Gathering project team & provides administrative on-site support
· Assists Gathering participants with coordination of national and international travel, and books travel for Program Director
· Tracks and budgets all Gathering expenses.
· Provides administrative support to the Director, including drafting documentation, brainstorming/input, and scheduling/outreach/intake.
Recruitment & Social Media/Website Management (25%)
· Develops and implements new strategies for program applicant recruitment systems and protocol. Manages application recruitment goals and execution in partnership with the Director.
· Updates social media channels and executes marketing and follow up strategies, externally for the project and internally for our cohort community
· Partners with internal and external marketing talent to ensure quality production and delivery of all project digital communications
· Collaborates with Director and outside design/tech talent to keep website up to date and relevant
· Assists Director in drafting grant proposals and reports, and collecting and presenting data.
· Works closely with Open Dor Project’s advisory board and other allies, cultivating new recruits and raising awareness of the Open Dor Project’s work around the country.
Minimum Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field required. Four years of similar work experience may be substituted for the degree.
● Minimum of 5 years professional experience, including 1-3 years of administrative support and project coordination experience is required.
● Highly proficient with Google Apps, Office Suite, and knowledge of CRM and database systems. Additional technical experience preferred.
● Excellent public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated successful experience with adhering to deadlines with competing demands.
● Professional experience in the following areas preferred: marketing, immersive retreat coordination, and use of Certify.
Other Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities
● Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and able to work independently and with supervision.
● Strong work ethic, ability to manage concurrent deadlines/projects, with attention to detail and follow through.
● Have a passion for coordinating many simultaneous pieces to produce efficient systems for day-to-day / month-to-month / year-to-year operations of ongoing organizational workflow.
● Ability to travel at least 3 times per year, for up to a week each.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Open Dor Project Provides:
Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements, with a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401k with company match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off, and US & Jewish Holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in written and oral English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and salary expectations (no calls please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE WRITE “Open Dor Administrative Project Manager_firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE