Development Operations Manager
125 Maiden Lane
IPPF/WHR is a leader in the movement for sexual and reproductive health and rights in the Americas and Caribbean. We work with 45 partner organizations in nearly every country throughout the region that share a common mission: to ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive healthcare, promote sex education, and fight for sexual and reproductive rights.
In 2017, our partners provided 7.5 million people with nearly 36 million services, including contraception, breast and cervical cancer screenings, HIV/STI prevention and treatment services, and safe abortion. These lifesaving interventions saved $237.5 million in direct healthcare costs, averted 2.5 million unintended pregnancies, and averted nearly more than 496,000 unsafe abortions. We also leveraged advocacy opportunities to create an environment where policies and programs meet the real-life needs of local communities. These efforts led to 39 progressive advocacy achievements across the region in 2017 alone.
The IPPF/WHR Regional Office connects our partners to the global movement for sexual and reproductive rights and ensures their long-term sustainability by providing capacity building in areas such as program planning, organizational development, and fundraising. Together, we build strong institutions and healthy communities.
The Development Operations (DevOps) Manager will report to the Director of Individual Giving and supervises the Development Coordinator. S/he will work in collaboration with the Development, Digital Communications, Finance, and Management Information Systems departments. The successful candidate will be a strong project manager with a deep understanding of gift processing best practices who will help the department to develop, enhance and operationalize systems and processes to help achieve IPPF/WHR’s annual fundraising goals. S/he is responsible for the integrity of IPPF/WHR’s data infrastructure including gift entry and gift acknowledgments, constituent relationship management, database accuracy, reporting, and overall operational support of fundraising efforts. This is a newly created position.
The Development Operations (DevOps) Manager provides strategic leadership and direction for the Department. S/he will maintain and improve administrative systems, policies and procedures to manage the day-to-day operations and financial functions of the department. This role will focus on:
Database Management and Administration
· Serve as primary database administrator for Raiser’s Edge and provide general oversight for how data is stored, used, and integrated between Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online.
· Propose and implement improvements to enhance IPPF/WHR’s recordkeeping and data hygiene.
· Design reports, queries, and exports to assist with list preparation for donor communications and analysis.
· Support data integration with other systems such as Luminate Online using Omatic Software.
· Coordinate with the Management Information Systems department for development software updates.
· Manage the processing, fulfillment of all gift-entry (individual, event, corporate, foundation, growth and campaign gifts) and ensure acknowledgement of all gifts in a timely and accurate manner.
· Make recommendations for gift entry automation and data collection improvements where appropriate.
· Ensure IPPF/WHR donors can make gifts easily and be acknowledged quickly.
· Oversee all systems and collaboration with finance team to ensure that development records are accurate and complete.
· Process, track and acknowledge matching gifts.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of gifts for monthly reconciliation, (annual) reporting and auditing purposes in consultation with the Finance Department.
· Serve as the development team’s resource for data, reports and administrative systems.
· Provide timely, regular and accurate reports for development meetings, board meetings, forecasting, and measuring progress against annual fundraising goals.
· Provide data analysis and reporting to inform development strategy, understand donor behavior and track success of the development team.
· Create and maintain tools to track and report progress towards individual and team development goals.
· Work with the department to define project scope and timelines, set team direction, and track project progress for fundraising-related communications and initiatives.
· Provide training to Development department staff and serve as IPPF/WHR’s go-to person for Raiser’s Edge assistance.
· Develop procedure manuals for revenue processing and donor data recordkeeping. Oversee staff compliance.
· Work with Development Coordinator to track and report fundraising revenue and other Development department metrics.
· Work with the Prospect Research Officer to develop prospect management reports for the major gift and institutional giving teams.
· Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 4-6 years of development operations experience.
· Extensive donor database experience; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud products strongly preferred.
· Understanding of data hygiene best practices and integration utilities from Omatic Software a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Understanding of gift entry best practices, including IRS regulations governing contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Discretion while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with international fundraising and data security best practices strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of current trends in charitable giving in North America.
- Comfort working independently and as a team member with initiative and flexibility.
- Proficiency in Spanish or French is preferred but not required.
Location: IPPF/WHR’s New York City Office.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply: We encourage both external and internal candidates to apply. Please send your resume, and cover letter by 24 August 2018 to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
IPPF/WHR is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Minimum Education Required