TeenSafe is JF&CS Journey to Safety's dating abuse prevention program designed to give teens the language and tools they need to recognize abuse in a dating or intimate relationship and know how to respond if they see, hear about, or experience it. Now entering its 8th year, the overarching goal of TeenSafe is to prevent dating abuse and be the leading voice that provides the Greater Boston Jewish Community with critical information, knowledge, and resources about dating abuse.
The TeenSafe Coordinator is a part time position with a dual focus to facilitate Jewish teens as peer leaders to prevent dating abuse among their peers and to present workshops to Jewish youth in grades 7th-12th who attend religious schools, youth groups and day schools.
Both opportunities galvanize teens to discover their own leadership potential. The TeenSafe Coordinator recruits, trains and facilitates TeenSafe Peer Leaders in grades 10-12 between September and June during monthly meetings to become passionate leaders for social change. This passion transcends to the workshops during which participants are encouraged to take action steps to raise awareness about dating abuse to make a difference in their community.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working with teens, specifically related to leadership, empowerment, and project execution.
- Strong training and with public speaking skills - experiential education experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and values is essential.
- Familiarity with dating/domestic abuse issues and healthy relationships concepts.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, resourceful, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience communicating and working with youth educators/providers – with Jewish educators and youth group leaders is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.