510 16th Street
Founded over 51 years ago, Girls Incorporated of Alameda County is an affiliate of the national Girls Incorporated, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. Through innovative after school programs, Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
Nature of Position: Girls Inc. is seeking an All STARS (Sports, Technology, Academics, Responsibility, and Sisterhood) Program Coordinator. The All STARS Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a 5 day per week program for 60-75 youth attending Aurum Preparatory Academy.
o Plan, design, and evaluate hands-on, intentional curriculum grounded in youth development principles and covering a wide range of subjects, including sports, health, technology, and community involvement in after school and school day curriculum consisting of topics such as systems of oppression, community activism growth mindset.
o Provide support to program leaders to implement successful delivery of program components at the school sites.
o Supervise program leaders to facilitate age appropriate, informal learning curriculum in the areas of sisterhood, sports, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and health and nutrition as needed.
o Train, supervise and support 2-3 part-time program staff in recruiting program participants, delivering program curriculum, and working successfully with youth and their parents/guardians.
o Oversee on-site partnerships and maintain relationships with collaborative partners to provide quality programming to participants
o Assist staff in providing productive and meaningful daily homework assistance with an emphasis on academic improvement, as well as fostering girl’s interest in school.
o Work collaboratively with the Middle School Program Manager, Coordinators, and Program Leaders to plan and implement the successful operation and growth of the All STARS program across all school sites.
o Work collaboratively with school administration and after school staff to ensure alignment with the school day, quality program delivery and program events.
o Maintain participant demographics and attendance for monthly and year-end program reports.
o Participate in staff and program team meetings, as well as plan and implement ongoing trainings for part-time program leaders.
o Plan and implement 2 family events per school site per year
o Assist Program Manager in budgeting process and tracking
o Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Experience working with middle school aged students (minimum 2 years) in after school programming, youth development or educational settings.
· Experience working with middle school age youth representing diverse cultures, ethnicities, languages and abilities.
· Experience or interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) project-based learning.
· Experience supervising staff, including the ability to coach program leaders.
· Experience working with school administration and staff as part of an after school program.
· Experience, knowledge and commitment to designing and managing girl-centered programs grounded in youth development principles.
· Knowledge of equity issues affecting girls and young women.
· Experience working with parents and supporting parents in their teen’s education, leadership and self-empowerment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred (Meet OUSD requirement of a minimum of 48 college units).
· Background clearance from the Department of Justice.
· Employment is contingent upon a clean driving record, valid California Driver’s License, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of automobile liability insurance.
· Proof of TB test within the last four years
· CPR/First Aid Certification
· Ability to bend, lift, move up to 15 lbs
· Bilingual in Spanish-English highly desired.
BENEFITS: Employer pays standard medical plan and provides vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
OTHER BENEFITS AVAILABLE: Dental, Voluntary Life, Vision, and Long-term disability available at the employee’s expense and the ability to participate in the 403(B) and Flexible Savings Account.
Minimum Education Required