Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Division of Mental Hygiene seeks a Peer Corps Coordinator for its Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Use Prevention, Care and Treatment (BADUPCT). BADUPCT works to reduce morbidity and mortality related to alcohol and substance use among New Yorkers. BADUPCT develops, implements and evaluates interventions and prevention strategies through: Contracting of treatment, recovery and support services; Policy analysis and development; Epidemiology and surveillance; Dissemination of treatment and management guidelines; Harm reduction initiatives; Public and provider outreach and education and; Community involvement and interagency collaboration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Peer Corps Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Care Innovation and Quality Improvement, has primary responsibility to manage the Peer Corps project, work directly with Peer Corps host sites and Peer Corps members including providing assistance with hiring, training and placing peers into Peer Corps internships..
The Peer Corps Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities, including but not limited to:
- Liaison with NYC Service and programs hosting Peer Corps members.
- Direct supervision of the Peer Corps Specialist.
- Recruit, interview and orient 20 Peer Corps members annually.
- Develop and provide training to Peer Corps members and task supervisors on a range of topics designed to orient them to the Peer Corps role.
- Provide additional supervisory support to 8-10 of the Peer Corps members.
- Develop mechanisms for data collection and reporting.
- Write monthly progress reports including data and narrative for internal oversight and NYC Service.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have experience with substance use and vocational services and at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree, in a related subject.
- This candidate will also have demonstrated competence/experience in program/training development and a proven track record in program implementation well as strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
The Peer Corps Coordinator will be an employee of the Vibrant Emotional Health, Inc. The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with lived experience and behavioral health services are encouraged to apply.
Please mail, email or fax letter of interest and resume to the attention of Mindy Nass at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Division of Mental Hygiene
42-09 28th Street, 19th Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required