5 Pennsylvania Plaza
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
Primary Function of Position
The Marketing and Communications Associate will work within the Digital Fundraising department to assist with the planning, execution and tracking of multi-channel digital communications. Additionally, the Associate will serve in a key support role for the Public Relations department helping to plan, manage and coordinate all public relations activities in order to fully maximize the agency’s visibility.
This position will also assist in creating stronger communication and information sharing within the agency as well as to the external media market with the goal of strengthening the Covenant House brand.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proof, edit, and test emails.
- Support the development and execution of communications plans and timelines.
- Conceptualize and assist with producing original content, including but not limited to marketing assets, banner ads and event materials.
- Contribute to the development of social media communications strategies and assist with the execution of all content on Covenant House’s social channels.
- Collect, archive and distribute all Covenant House HQ photography accumulated on a rolling basis and ensure proper copyright information is included in any publication and clients featured in photographs have signed the necessary waiver forms.
- Help collect multimedia at local Covenant House sites (i.e. take photos and video for use in a variety of marketing and direct marketing venues) .
- Solicit for and populate creative content into grids and calendars.
- Support marketing and promotional video production.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the members of the Digital Fundraising, P2P fundraising and Events team.
- Write, edit and publish feature stories and blog posts about Covenant House sites, young people in our care and alumni to maintain a positive internet presence.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members of electronic and print media for purposes of distributing news story pitches.
- Compile and organize media coverage reports as well as distribute media clips of interest to Covenant House staff in order to foster a greater sense of communication within the agency.
- Coordinate logistics and assist in promotional efforts for Annual Candlelight Vigil in Times Square.
- Help manage brand identity standards and consistencies at CHI and other sites were possible, including patrolling proper uses of approved logos, colors, fonts, etc. and supplying proper electronic artwork when requested.
- Assist with requests for information from all different audiences in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 2 years of related experience
- A keen interest in the digital advertising world—fast-paced and constantly-evolving, fueled by data-driven decisions and a desire to try whatever is new.
- Working knowledge of Silverpop or experience with other email marketing systems.
- Working knowledge of public relations.
- Excellent grammar and copy editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML .
- An understanding of and great appreciation for social media, especially as it relates to building new audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while always remaining deadline-driven.
- Willingness to attend events and public relations opportunities for Covenant House on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Commitment to Covenant House’s mission to serve youth experiencing homelessness.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with employer match and an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance plan, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, up to 4 weeks’ vacation, 4 personal days, 13 sick days and 11 paid holidays during the year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements.