At Ascend, we're excited about professionals who are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. Join us as we foster innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think their own way through to answers.
The part-time human resources implementation specialist is responsible for ensuring Ascend's Human Resources Information System (HRIS) technology is leveraged to the highest standards to assure alignment of the human resources and finance teams with the network's people operations strategy.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,500 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website.
The HR implementation specialist is responsible for the analysis, configuration, issue resolution and process training for Ascend's HRIS software (Dayforce, by Ceridian), the solutions-oriented implementation specialist will work with functional stakeholders and vendors to develop and execute projects with a goal to optimize Dayforce HRIS. The implementation specialist will be on-site at Ascend Learning approximately three days per week. Additionally, the HR implementation speciailst will:
- Implement changes to the HRIS system to improve efficiency, including implementing and launching new modules, upgrades and patches
- Coordinate and implement changes to Dayforce based on priorities by the HR and finance teams; stay abreast of new features and products released and act as a subject matter expert on identified topics/products
- Categorize all training needs, including regular employee self-serve, manager workflow approval, all levels of HR team, etc. and facilitate trainings to end-users, contributing to, maintaining and growing internal team knowledge
- On occasion, provide actual employee and manager training based on new implemented modules
- Edit existing training documents, create how-to guides and FAQs in relation to implemented modules
- Alongside the HRIS Analyst, investigate, test and resolve issues, as well as work on enhancements that can be fixed internally and by leveraging Dayforce support and education resources.
- Using priorities identified by HR and finance teams, build out HRIS projects, leading system and user acceptance testing efforts, tracking issues, driving ownership and resolution; post-project, measure project success and identify improvements needed.
- Ensure project team works effectively to achieve objectives, including project team meeting facilitation, communication, status updates and project document ownership
- Manages engagement and relationships with project stakeholders and external vendors when necessary
- Configure Dayforce to ensure seamless usage in the following modules: new hire onboarding; HR incidents; performance management; integration with ATS; benefits enrollment; workflows and approval paths, including the guided processes for hiring and terminations; document management; reporting; and other deliverables as identified.
Staff and Reporting Relationships
The HR implementation specialist reports directly to the director of human resources.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources and/or payroll system implementation; experience with Dayforce by Ceridian is required
- Experience with change management as it relates to system changes
- Entrepreneurial mindset; committed to preserving a bold, can-do culture that sustains the organization's values of integrity, curiosity, community, empowerment, growth, daring, and excellence
- Experience developing training guides, processes, and reference documents as well as delivering training workshops, webinars, and other learning tools, and to develop others
- Impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills, with sharp attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to tailor documentation and technical information for the larger non-technical audience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lead, collaborate & work effectively within cross-functional teams
- Superb organizational, project management, and process-building skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, navigating systems and an emerging organization of scale and complexity
- Unimpeachable personal credibility; actively supports a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace culture
- Ability to passionately align with Ascend's educational and workplace philosophies
- PMI certification preferred
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.