Details: Part-time (10:00 am - 4:00 pm)
The Fellowship of Reconciliation USA (FOR-USA) is a national interfaith organization headquartered in New York. Founded in 1914, our mission is to organize, train, and grow a diverse movement that welcomes all people of conscience to end structures of violence and war and create peace through the transformative power of nonviolence. We are seeking a motivated, and well-organized Operations Director to join our team. The Fellowship of Reconciliation currently has a small office in Rockland County, with national council members and FOR Chapters across the country. The Operations Director will play a key role in facilitating the establishment of a permanent office for FOR-USA (temporarily in Rockland County; permanently in NYC), and will work closely with the Executive Director, the New York-based team and national colleagues to ensure effective and smooth operations for the organization.
· Can you oversee the day to day management of the office with efficiency, effectiveness, humor and in the spirit of collaboration?
· Are you adept at facilitating cross-team communication?
· Are you able to innovate and lead in building the kind of operations systems that will enable the Fellowship of Reconciliation to pursue its mission from a position of strength?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to leverage their project planning, relationship-building, and operational skills in order to support an historic peace and justice organization.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and lead systems and processes that support open lines of communication and collaboration within the organization
· Represent Fellowship of Reconciliation externally in banking operations and lease negotiations
· Act as on-site lead staff in the New York Office.
· Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls and efficient nonprofit operations practices.
· Manage human resources, IT, banking and office lease; ensure all regulatory requirements related to space and human resources are followed and up to date.
· Negotiate and manage all contracts with vendors and insurance
· Monitor and order office supplies and equipment
· Support the Executive Director and Controller in planning and implementing the annual budget and audit process.
· Prepare and make bank deposits as necessary
· Review and approve all expenditures prior to payment processing
· Review all paper revenue streams to ensure proper coding
· Serve as the primary point person for recruiting vacancies and onboarding new employees.
· Manage the benefits program
· Maintain confidential personnel files.
· Work with consultants and other staff to ensure that IT systems are maintained, updated and operational.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior operations management.
· Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
· Strong mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
· Entrepreneurial team player who is flexible and can remain non-anxious in an organization undergoing change and growth.
· Self-reliant, results oriented.
· Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Fellowship of Reconciliation’s, and staff.
· Passion for Fellowship of Reconciliation’s mission.
Benefits include generous paid vacation, sick, personal days, and designated holidays, and pension plan. FOR USA provides health insurance, with employee contribution of 30% of premium.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter:
Attention: Emma Jordan-Simpson, Executive Director
Be sure to include “Director of Operations” in the subject line of your email.
FOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peoples of color and of diverse gender identities are strongly encouraged to apply.