Details: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary
189 Bernardo Avenue
Position Title: Executive Assistant
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-Time
Location: Mountain View, CA
The SETI Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide high level administrative support to the President/CEO, and Senior Management team.
The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide executive level support to the President/CEO by managing projects and tasks that will enable the President/CEO to focus on business strategy and operations. This role also serves as the liaison to the Board of Trustees, as well as the primary point of contact for all matters relating to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within an environment that is mission and results driven and be able to effectively and professionally communicate and interact with the Board of Trustees, NASA’s administrative departments, SETI scientists, outside business community, and executives. This is a highly visible position and requires impeccable organization, appearance, professionalism, business judgement, verbal and written communication skills, and detail orientation. The ability to work independently and proactively on a variety of projects from conception to completion, with high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion, is necessary.
Prior executive level support is a must.
· Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving and making adjustments to plans.
· Coordinate and maintain Board meeting schedules and agendas, including preparation of Board packages. Maintain close collaboration with Finance, Contract/Grants and Human Resources.
· Manage multiple administrative tasks including calendar management, meeting and conference call scheduling, and travel arrangements.
· Perform general administrative duties including updating and maintaining databases and files.
· Prepare presentation materials for meetings and conferences. Review incoming information and process reports and invoices.
· Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; proactively explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Assist with arranging corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas.
· Schedule and attend weekly Senior Staff Meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agenda in advance.
· BA/BS degree and 6+ years of executive assistant experience. Previous experience in a nonprofit organization is desireable.
· Strong organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Must be approachable, flexible and maintain high level of professionalism and respect confidentiality.
· Must be proactive and willing to accept additional responsibilities and have a positive, “can do” attitude.
· May be required to work long hours to prepare for Board meetings and/or complete critical deadlines as requested by the CEO or the management team.
· Must have outstanding technical skills, be confident with utilizing Outlook, and Microsoft Office, Zoom and Skype and be prepared to resolve possible technical issues single handedly without being overwhelmed.
· Ability to multi task and perform under pressure with efficiency and without losing focus in a fast paced environment is critical.
· Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in daily interactions with the Institute scientists, Board of Trustees, employees, and outside guests and business executives.
· Prior executive level support is a must.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication, administrative and organizational skills.
· professional demeanor.
· Take ownership of the role and demonstrate accountability.
· Dependable, reliable and flexible.
Salary/Benefits: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
For consideration please click this link to apply:
Applications without resumes will not be considered. Local Candidates Only.
Excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply