18 Fairgrounds Road
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a part-time (maximum of 25 hours per week) Senior Sales Associate /Key Holder, Museum Shop reporting directly, to the Manager, Museum Shop. The Key Holder is a senior sales associate, will enhance customer experience while in the museum shop, as well as, assuring the upkeep of the overall appearance of shop. In the absence of shop management, the Key Holder will act as interim manager, and will have access to the safe and keys while doing these duties.
Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively greets all customers who enter the shop while ensuring high quality customer service and overall experience
- Responsible for overseeing all cash-related procedures including cash handling, counting staff revenue deposits, maintaining a balanced safe, and managing change deposits with bank
- Mentor and train newly hired staff
- Ensures proper floor coverage and management of store in absence of Assistant / Management
- Handles sales and register functions
- Implements strategies to improve customer service, ensures customers’ needs are met and shop service is quick and efficient
- Active role in contributing to the overall store goals, while meeting individual set goals
- Learns and communicates all inventory “stories” related to merchandise in a mission oriented manor
- Promote memberships and special events at Grounds For Sculpture
- Perform all other duties as requested
- High school degree required
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Altru (a plus)
- 2 to 4 years of retail experience; cash handling experience
- Must be able to work flexible hours including; evenings, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts to support the store
- 1 year of management experience preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to email@example.com
About Grounds For Sculpture
Nestled in the heart of central New Jersey lies Grounds For Sculpture (“GFS”), a magical place where art and nature are always at play. At its core are more than 270 sculptures by renowned and emerging contemporary artists, each thoughtfully positioned on meticulously landscaped parkland full of thousands of exotic trees and flowers. It is a feast for the senses.
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre sculpture garden, museum and arboretum with major exhibition, education, performance, restaurant and visitor amenities that make contemporary art accessible by showcasing it in beautiful settings that encourage discovery and learning. Its arboretum has more than 200 cultivars of trees, thousands of flowering shrubs, and settings grand and intimate, all to spotlight art and engage the visitor. GFS' indoor rotating gallery exhibitions, performing arts events, educational programs, and family activities invite people to approach and interact with art on their terms, growing in knowledge, understanding, and joy. Last year Grounds For Sculpture attracted over 240,000 visitors.