Digital Content and Website Manager
Are you passionate about digital content and its ability to connect with audiences? Do you understand the ecosystem of digital content and want to help a mission driven organization advance knowledge and best practice sharing among corporate sustainability leaders? Is it important that you work at an organization that has a flexible yet fast paced working environment?
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) has a great opportunity for an experienced web editor with a knowledge of digital publishing best practices and content management systems to join our team. This role serves as the primary manager of NAEM’s web presence, ensuring an engaging online experience for our audience, increasing web traffic and positioning NAEM.org as the premier website for research and content in the EHS and Sustainability management practice area.
Primary Responsibility Areas:
Website and Content Management
- Work closely with Programs, Marketing and Research teams to launch new pages and sites; including writing engaging web copy, proofreading, testing user experience & addressing issues
- Ensure that all content on the NAEM website is timely & accurate and all links & navigation work
- Manage editorial and website production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of all content
- Track and report website metrics, collaborating with Marketing team members on strategies to meet web traffic goals
- Contribute knowledge about content strategy to the team’s overall digital strategy, including identifying needs and proposing solutions
- Collaborates with team members across the organization writing, editing, creating and organizing content on NAEM’s web properties
- Advance NAEM’s content output to further engage new and existing customers
- Identify opportunities to showcase content with the goal of drawing more traffic to our site, increasing engagement with the content and raising brand awareness
- Use SEO principles to identify and monitor key analytics; using that data to optimize content and guide content choices
- Perform keyword research to identify new SEO opportunities and routinely review and maintain SEO targeted keywords
- Manages content, image library, media licenses and content sharing agreements
- Work with senior leadership to set annual website budget and manage to that budget
- Develop and Post Social Media content
- Serve as primary liaison between CMS provider and NAEM Staff as needed
- Other website related projects as required
Website and Database Management
- Serves as point person for content management system and customer database integration needs
- Coordinate system updates and projects with database software provider
- Ensure smooth user experience as it relates to completing tasks on the NAEM website (including online purchases, dues renewals, content searches, etc).
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in Journalism, Communications or a Digital Media related field.
- 1-3 years of web content management
- Track record and strong passion for helping organizations increase the effectiveness of their website and leverage it to grow their business
- Experience using content management systems such as WordPress and Sitefinity
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of digital and social media landscape
- Excellent editorial, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take individual initiative as well as collaborate with a team
- Exceptional time and project management skills, and the ability to successfully handle details with accuracy, effectively prioritize workload and pivot when needed
- Should it be necessary to attend NAEM conferences:
- Candidate will need to have the ability to frequently lift and carry conference materials and boxes weighing 10-20 pounds and frequently reach above shoulder and head and stoop to set up conference space collateral. This can include kneeling under a table to obtain access to electrical outlets
- Be able to remain active and mobile for up to 10 hours a day while at conferences
Preferred Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Possess a general interest in corporate sustainability issues and dedication to the mission of NAEM
- Demonstrate experience using video editing software to produce digital stories and familiarity with gathering video and/or still imagery for story publication
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. As the largest professional community for EHS and sustainability decision-makers, we provide peer-led educational conferences and an active network for sharing solutions to today’s corporate EHS and sustainability management challenges.
Visit NAEM online at www.naem.org