44 Linnaean St.
The Dragonfly After School Program (DAP) is a private, non-profit parent cooperative after school program serving Cambridge Public School children age 5 through 4th grade. DAP offers children enjoyable, developmentally appropriate experiences that promote social and emotional growth, and awareness of self and others. A typical day includes ample free play (outside or in the gym), a wide variety of arts activities, healthy snacks and homework assistance. We are located at the Graham and Parks Alternative Public School, 44 Linnaean St. in Cambridge. We are open Monday through Friday from 2:30-5:45 in accordance with the CPS calendar. DAP is fully licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
A Teacher at DAP is a part-time professional committed to the goals of our program. Under the direction of the Director, the Teacher plans and implements curriculum, communicates information to families and maintains a safe, healthy, warm, engaging, and attractive environment. Age-appropriate activities should provide for growth in skills, self-awareness, group relations, and creativity. Regular hours are, Monday-Friday 2:00-6:00 in accordance with the CPS calendar. Extended hours of 12-6 on early release days are also required.
- Keep safety of children as a first priority
- Assist students with homework
- Uses positive methods of child guidance
- Plan thoughtful, open ended activities that let children use their creativity and draw upon their own ideas
- Greet parents and update them on children’s progress
- Attend all staff meetings, training sessions, and program special events
- Participate in at least 12 hours of professional development per year
- Abide by the established EEC/DAP policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines and asks when in doubt
- Assist in the care, organization and maintenance of DAP’s allotted space and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
- Experience working with elementary age children in a program setting
- Experience developing and leading a variety of activities for children
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Criminal Offenders Records Information (CORI) request and Background Records Check (BEC) request will need to be completed for this position.