Virtual Classroom Assistant must be able to effectively co-design and co-facilitate monthly energy industry workshops for youth between the ages of 14 and 24. Virtual Classroom Assistant must be able to commit to YOU Boston’s energy industry initiative, which began in November of 2020 and ends December 1st, 2021. This position is 12 hours per week Monday through Thursday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The aim of the one-year program is to provide 14-24-year-old students from various backgrounds with the preparation, experience, and exposure to a variety of careers in the energy industry.
Who We Are.
As part of the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development, Youth Options Unlimited Boston (YOU Boston) is a youth development program that specializes in providing case management services and career development opportunities to Boston-area teens and young adults.
Who We Serve.
YOU Boston serves young people ages 14-24, who may be court-involved, gang-affiliated, or at-risk. All of the young people we work with are dealing with barriers to stable employment and educational attainment. However, there is no typical YOU Boston member. Our clients come from a diverse spectrum in regards to their home life, education status, court involvement, and work history. Every young person we employ is held to high standards of professionalism, commitment, and attendance.
What you’ll be doing:
The daily duties of the Virtual Classroom Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
1. Co-facilitate and guide a group of up to 20 youth between the ages of 14 and 24 in monthly workshops focused on the energy industry.
2. Co-plan, co-design, and execute a project-based curriculum, including activities and projects pertaining to the energy industry.
3. Lead and create dynamic daily check-in sessions before each workshop, which can include ice breakers, team building activities, mindfulness activities, videos, music, current events discussions, and other appropriate activities.
1. Collaborate with fellow instructor to address participant misconduct, lack of participation, poor attendance, or any inappropriate behavior using the Virtual Program Expectations document.
4. Encourage complex thinking, participation, and discussion by all youth participants.
5. Monitor youth participant’s progress.
6. Work independently and report to the Assistant Deputy Director of Programming.
7. Work collaboratively with Job Developer and Retention Specialist and other YOU Boston staff to ensure the safety and progress of all youth participants.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for strong and creative leaders; those with experience and/or an interest in working with young people. This position requires a high level of organizational and interpersonal skills. Applicants must be able to efficiently design and lead workshops, manage a project, work collaboratively as part of a team, and communicate effectively with staff and youth.
Requirements and Notes for Consideration:
● Bachelor’s degree in STEM-related fields preferred and at least two years of experience working with teens/young adults
● Familiarity with Zoom or related video conferencing platforms
● Hourly Pay is $18.00 at 12 hours per week
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Employee At-Will
Your employment status will be as a temporary at-will employee. As an at-will employee, either YOU Boston or you (the at-will employee) may terminate your employment at any time with or without notice or with or without cause. The location of your position will be on YOU Boston premises or designated worksite. Your check will be issued by the Economic Development and Industrial Corporation.
* Youth Options Unlimited Boston are Equal Opportunity Employer
Virtual Classroom Assistant must be able to effectively co-design and co-facilitate monthly energy industry workshops for youth between the ages of 14 and 24. Virtual Classroom Assistant must be able to commit to YOU…
Please E-Mail your resume and cover letter to Tracey Fils-Aime at Tracey.Aime@boston.gov Subject Line: Virtual Classroom Assistant