13500 Airport Road
PO Box 338
Come be a part of the Anderson Valley Health Center (AVHC) team.
Description: AVHC has been a community based health center for 41 years. We are recognized as a community leader for culturally-competent primary care services offering medical, dental and behavioral health for the general population and migrant and seasonal farm-working population. Our mission is to provide excellent and affordable care to the residents of Anderson Valley.
AVHC is currently searching for an experienced licensed nursing professional with management skills & passion for community-based service for the position of Nurse Manager. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Boonville, CA.
Salary Range: Negotiable commensurate to experience & qualifications
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Benefits: health, vision, dental insurance coverage, generous paid time off and holiday benefits.
Your role: Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the Nurse Manager provides administrative & medical/nursing oversight to the AVHC medical team. A primary focus of the position is coordinating, managing, & supervising medical support staff.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. Current California RN or LVN license, required.
2. At least 2 years providing nursing experience in either an in-patient or an out-patient setting.
3. Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
4. Fulfillment of TB Test, First Aid, CPR, and any mandatory State/Federal requirements upon hire.
5. At least 6 months supervising personnel.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
5. Strong clinical care skills & experience, including systematic assessment, planning, evaluation, monitoring, patient/family education and documentation in accordance with all program, Medi-Cal, and other pertinent regulations
6. Demonstrated experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center.
7. At least 1 year of providing supervisory experience, highly preferred
8. Familiarity with community behavioral health systems of care & community resources in Mendocino County, including levels of care for clinical services including mental health services.
9. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively, function independently, and interact professionally with staff of all levels
10. Applicants with ability to provide bilingual & culturally competent services in Spanish preferred but not required.
11. Ability to take initiative in Quality Improvement projects and demonstrate leadership for change management.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide supervision support & oversight to medical support staff; Manage and delegate duties among support staff
2. Oversee & supervise quality of nursing & medical support services provided at the facility
3. Develop and ensure proper standards of care to clients in accordance with age, gender, risk factors, & other relevant standards & current texts, including evidence-based best practices
4. Develop and maintain administrative and treatment records related to client care, in accordance to requirements specified by agency’s policies, clinical standards, & funding sources
5. Maintain medication/vaccination storage & dispensary storage according to Medi-Cal, 340B, County Public Health standard and in compliance with state and federal laws
6. Provide medication monitoring, administer injections, and dispense medications, and diabetes management for patients as needed
7. Provide nursing treatment support to patients of AVHC
8. Provide, manage, and triage health care of patients in collaboration with physician/psychologist, including chronic illnesses and pain management etc.
10. Collaborate with Executive team (Medical Director, Executive Director, Operations Director) to assure and maintain adequate medical equipment, supplies, medications, and related items required for the care of patients
11. Participate as an active member of the multidisciplinary management team especially in collaborative decision-making in service delivery and client care
12. Other duties as assigned
CHECK US OUT AT WWW.AVHC.ORG
Benefits that are available to eligible AVHC employees include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement & Jury Duty leave
- Training, in-service, educational opportunities (CEU’s paid)
- Licensure renewal
- Paid Educational Leave & Professional Development Leave
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employee quality improvement bonus program
Plus all leaves (FMLA, CFRA, PDL) & employee benefit programs (SDI, PFL, etc) as per federal, state, and city/county requirements.
How To Apply
Send cover letter & CV/resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required