UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
UnidosUS seeks a Program Coordinator for the Workforce Development (WFD) team who can manage the various tasks, partnerships, and deliverables. The position will be located at the UnidosUS headquarters in Washington, DC, or Chicago, IL. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing social media and communication for the workforce development team, conducting labor market research, meeting grant data collection requirements, and ensuring compliance and completion of program deliverables. The Coordinator will support the Senior Director in day-to-day component activities and serve as the liaison to UnidosUS Affiliates. The position reports to the Senior Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development. The Program Coordinator will be expected to participate in all WFD team activities and events and support institutional goals and objectives.
• Develop and update a master spreadsheet that tracks all timelines and deliverables associated with WFD team grants and projects.
• Support workforce development Affiliates in program development, data collection, and evaluation.
• Help facilitate and coordinate grant-related meetings including logistics planning, agenda-setting, and note-taking.
• Serve as a liaison with UnidosUS WFD Affiliates.
• Conduct labor market research and maintain updated information.
• Ensure that project activities, outcomes, and deliverables are consistent with those outlined in funding proposals.
• Provide support to Affiliates and WFD team in data collection, reporting, and documenting outcomes and deliverables.
• Serve as the liaison between the WFD team and UnidosUS’s Data and Impact team.
• Create quantitative and qualitative reports.
• Help research and create workforce development materials, such as evaluations, case studies, best practices, research documents, tools, and white papers.
• Participate in relevant workforce development and career pathways conferences and meetings.
• Create and prepare templates and content for communications with Affiliates, include e-newsletters, e-updates, and blog postings.
• Maintain an understanding of UnidosUS and its Affiliate partners, including relevant program initiatives, operational structure, history, and leadership.
• Share responsibility for program outcomes and growth.
• Support and participate in cross-component UnidosUS collaborations.
• Support signature workforce development team events, such as the annual Workforce Development Forum.
• Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of two to four years of professional WFD experience.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience working with community-based organizations or other nonprofits.
• Understanding of the needs of the Latino/low-income, limited-skills workforce.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
• Experience or knowledge of the public employment/WFD system.
• Strong project management experience and writing skills.
• Experience managing data and reporting.
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and professional attitude in representing UnidosUS and its partners to various audiences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel up to six times a year.
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate…
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter along with a résumé will be considered for this opportunity. Please include “Program Coordinator, Workforce Development” in the subject line of your email.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: Surabhi Jain
1126 16th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter along with a résumé will be considered for this opportunity. Please include “Program Coordinator, Workforce…