Details: Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, with an anticipated range of $100-120k.
1361 Amsterdam Avenue
The Vice President of Donor Development and Communications will be BioBus's senior fundraiser and responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of BioBus's fundraising and communications efforts. This VP will report to the Executive Director, work closely with our Executive Team and board of directors, and will lead fundraising and communications teams that include both a full time Director of Development and a Development Coordinator and part time efforts from our Executive Team, scientific staff, program coordinators, and consultants.
BioBus has experienced tremendous growth in the past three years with a current budget of $2.5M, over 20 full-time staff, 2 mobile science labs, and multiple community lab programs, including our flagship BioBase Harlem @ Columbia University. This growth was fueled by a diverse stream of contributions income (foundations, government discretionary funding, individuals, corporate donors) and earned income (program fees from schools, parents, and government contracts), and allows us to help over 45,000 students each year reach their full scientific potential.
We are seeking candidates with the experience to confidently develop and execute a plan to reach an annual operating income to $10M by 2023, which would allow BioBus to reach 240,000 students each year and make the promise and power of science part an integral part of the fabric of every community in NYC.
- 10 or more years experience in fundraising and/or communications in $2.5M - $10M fundraising shops
- Demonstrated excellence in personnel management, organizational, and communication skills
- Proven ability to be curious, learn, and grow in dynamic, high growth environments
- Exceptional communications skills, including use of graphics and video to convey key messages tailored to specific stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce or similar fundraising databases; Google apps
- Familiarity with accounting and budgeting processes
- Strategy (20%) - Develop a fundraising and communications strategy and budget to support BioBus's growth to $10M annually. Conduct research and analysis to inform goals and strategies, including prospect research and qualification
- Direct fundraising (40%) - Secure new sources of 6 and 7 figure contributions income
- Fundraising team management (20%) - Direct the fundraising team (and recruit additional staff as necessary) in order to both renew existing sources and secure new sources of 5 and 6 figure contributions income. Evaluate and direct the fundraising team's use of SalesForce to create an efficient system to manage fundraising workflow, data gathering, and reporting.
- Communications team management (10%) - Direct the communications team to execute the communication strategy.
- Other duties (10%) - Additional duties as requested by the Executive Director
Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, transit, and flexible PTO, remote working, and family leave policies.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.