ICLEI is the leading global network of 1,500+ cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future. Through our collective efforts, we impact more than 25 percent of the global urban population.
ICLEI firmly believes that sustainable cities are the foundation of a more just and sustainable world. We are doing our part to make sustainability an inextricable part of urban development and to embed a strong urban component in national and global sustainability policy.
We are currently qualified candidates for:
Head of Global Communications
The successful candidate will lead the Global Communications Team at the ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany.
This position is suited for someone with at least 8 years of experience leading communications teams and strategies, ideally including global organizations working in sustainable development.
· Evolve the current global communications strategy and oversee execution, including editorial plans and messaging frameworks.
· Supervise and further the development of a multidisciplinary communications team, including all related staff and team management responsibilities.
· Advance the ICLEI brand proposition, building brand consistency across worldwide offices.
· Oversee content development and creation of visual assets to align with the communications strategy and branding guidelines.
· Coordinate across ICLEI offices to lead the development and roll out of an integrated communications strategy.
· Provide guidance and support in the development of communications strategies across projects.
· Participate in organizational leadership and strategy.
Level of Language Proficiency
· At least 8 years of experience leading communications teams and strategies, ideally including globally operating organizations working in sustainable development
· Advanced degree in communications, journalism, international relations, urban planning or related field
· Strategic thinking and decision-making skills, strong analytical capabilities
· Ability to articulate a vision and execute against it
· Impeccable writing skills, with native-level command of the English language
· Experience developing high-performing teams, motivating others
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural context
· Familiarity with systems thinking
· Aptitude and familiar with organizational management and change
· Highly organized and detail-oriented with simultaneous big-picture thinking
· Highly solutions-oriented approach, driven by opportunities to achieve positive change
· Strong team-oriented mindset, dedication to staff development and leadership
· Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization
· Tenacity, adaptability and drive, ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
· Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your application (CV and Motivation letter) to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 26 September 2018.
For further information about the application process, ICLEI and working conditions please check the vacancy on our website: https://iclei.org/en/jobs.html